There She Goes by Captainkdp

captainkdp

Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:51 pm

A little play along for an 80s tune. Not a lesson on TG, but a nice strummer.

Had a little stumbling around the bridge section.. needs practice.

tovo

Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:05 pm

Mate you seemed to be fingering the chords cleanly but honestly the delay on the video combined with the song playing in the background makes it very hard to provide any real good feedback, at least from my perspective. It would be good if you could post just yourself playing it without the track playing.

BigBear

Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:19 pm

Kirk- I agree with Tovo, it's tough to sort out who's playing. That being said you did a much better job of hitting the chords in the proper timing.

Another thing to pay attention to is your left hand grip. You seem to be using the dreaded "baseball grip" quite often. We can tell because your thumb is so dominant on top. Neil will get you on this every time! Try to cup your left hand a little more and leave some space between the bottom on the neck and inside of your hand. It will make the chords much cleaner!

Otherwise sounding good!

Cheers! :cheer:

Chasplaya

Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:14 am

Concur with both Bear and Tovo, you need to just play these clean solo, if you are to get honest feedback we need to hear just you. The transiotn between chords looks ok but can't really tell with the sound mix the way it is. Bears right about the grip thing, only occasionally does Neil say its ok and usually for a good reason like damping/muting the top string or using a different version of a chord because it sets you up better for the next one.

Final comment obviously as the complete sound was ok this also means your playing and timing must be ok too. But it would be nice to hear you au naturale mate

cheers, thanks for posting

Chas

jayswett

Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:20 am

I haven't heard that song in something like twenty years or so. What a great memory or a great song. Thanks for posting that. I, too, utilize the baseball grip which I feel hampers my progress in a number of different ways. At some point, I'll spend some time on that issue in particular, but at this point, my priority is now to learn more songs and more techniques. Regarding your video, your chord changes are solid, strumming is fairly smoothh. All in all, a solid performance, and I look forward to more from you. Keep them coming.

captainkdp

Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:14 am

Hey guys thanks for the feedback.. I did not realize I had a baseball grip, except for the F over D Chord.

neverfoundthetime

Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:33 am

Thanks for posting Captain, good job on the strumming, timing's good, guitar sounds good too but as everyone has said, need to turn down the backing or put it over head phones (with one ear free) so that we can really hear you then we can give much better feedback. Great up-beat song from way back! Keep them coming. The guys are right on the baseball grip but I do most of my strumming that way except for the barre chords and get away with it. It can be limiting but just build in the better wrist position step for step, don't let it kill the fun of playing. You don't need to be perfect tomorrow.... just by the end of the year! No pressure ;-).

BobR

Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:41 am

Hi Captain,
I hadn't heard that song in quite a while. Like the others have said it's hard to give much feedback. It seemed like you were doing fine because I didn't hear any clunker notes. Try it totally unplugged next time.
Thanks for posting. Keep up the good work.

Bob

dekotaj

Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:46 am

I agree.To hard to here you playing.Yes,try it unplugged.

Kevin

suziko

Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:02 pm

Great song and one I haven't heard in a while. I don't have anything in particular to add to what has already been said by the others before me. Just wanted to say "thanks" for posting, and looking forward to seeing your next submission.

Suzi

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic