Eric Clapton Layla Unplugged

dekotaj

Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:55 am

Trying to get this one finished up.Been at it a few months now.Maybe to many songs in the hopper.Still working on timing and getting the lead cleaned up.Any comments or suggestion would be helpful.

Thanks Kevin. :unsure:

:unsure:

[video type=youtube][/video]

dennisg

Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:13 pm

Kevin,

I thought it was damn near as good as Eric Clapton's version. Congrats! That was excellent. I've always liked the acoustic version of this song.

- Dennis

haoli25

Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:16 pm

Amazing Kevin! I agree with Dennis, that was excellent! You should be very proud of all of your hard work. Thank you for posting your video.

Bill Image

RicksPick

Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:24 pm

Kevin

That was sweet
and very well done

RicksPick

BobR

Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:32 pm

Kevin,

Very very nicely done. I think Eric would be proud. I see all your hard work pays off. I liked everything except for maybe the sweatshirt :lol:

Bob

AcousticAl

Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:34 pm

Another great vid, Dekotaj.

Question- are you playing from memory, or reading tab, or sheet music?

Chasplaya

Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:54 pm

Well done mate, a bit tentative to start but as you progressed it just got better, I attempt this also, I am a long term Slowhand fan and I much prefer this version to the electric one, the electric studio version is nigh impossible to recreate on your own given the number of guitars originally used. Maybe slight tempo increase when you go to the lead part, there is a lot to remember there in the lead and I tend to get lost with it. Other than that I really liked it.

Good on ya mate.

Chas

willem

Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:00 pm

Kevin WOW , alway's one of my wishes,,now i'm only gonna listen to your's (sorry Eric),,, but i stay on my goals for this year(beatles) ooooooooooorrrrrr,,, yeah i give it a look,
(not the eyes), wich tabs you use, or do you have the songbook??

tovo

Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:19 pm

Kevin that's pretty cool. No way I am able to play that so tempted not to give any advice, but I'm going to steal a bit of Bear's common tip and say that I think it would be absolutely awesome with more feeling. You clearly have it down cold so I think you could work on it from that perspective. Having said that, I couldn't play it at all so...

BigBear

Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:33 pm

Kevin- really a terrific performance! You must be an old electric guitar player!

It's really hard to pull off an extended lead section without any backing for an acoustic player. That song relies heavily on the bass line and when you went to an extended solo you lost the timing a bit.

I've never tried that version of Layla but is there anyway to intregrate some chords in there and then play the lead over them? This might let you carry the bass line while still playing the really cool lead.

Regardless, that was an impressive video! Congrats on your hard work and thanks for sharing it!

Cheers! :cheer:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic