Who'll Stop The Rain by Suziko

bigd

Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:56 pm

My beginner's attempt at Who'll Stop the Rain, complete with flubbed notes and B minor chord. I gave up on getting this perfect on video so here it is, warts and all. Thanks to AcousticAl for recommending my "cheater" fingering on the Em chord, which made it so that I could actually (most of the time) play the riff without dulling the G-string. I know Neil will probably not approve. Also, I skipped one verse, to make it less repetitive.

[video type=youtube][/video]

kenoakee

Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:46 am

wow... good job suzi...and am i ever learning alot from these video responces :woohoo:

prawnpig

Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:03 am

Great video and great response helped alot thank you both

cosmicmechanic

Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:15 am

You "seeded and reaped" well in this post, for sure.

We all gained from it ... thanks Suzi.

Pierre

suziko

Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:15 am

Thanks, guys (Merci, Pierre!). Neil's response videos are hugely helpful. I'm happy to say I'm playing a little better now than I did when I filmed this!

Suzi

hasben

Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:21 am

Suzi, thanks for your video. I too have trouble with Bm and believe it or not compaired to me-- you nailed it :laugh: The way you fingered Em is the same as I learned. My problem is trying to relearn some chords (A for instance) the way Neil suggests. I did like Neil's suggestion to just try to "be in vicinity" when picking bass notes, cause "in the vacinity" is about as close as I can come :) .

Again, I enjoyed your input and the lesson. Keep on sister!
Fred

suziko

Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:27 pm

Thanks, Fred! I posted this a while back, in September, I think. Thanks to TG and LOTS of practice, I've made quite a bit of improvement. Still having some trouble with those pesky barre chords, though!

d_dog

Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:38 pm

Great job Suziko! Neils response is fantastic too. That will help us all. Those pesky Barre chords for sure. Or as I used to refer to them B-ARRRRRGGG! Chords. This single, or close to single, note striking is a popular topic right now on here, it's difficult to master, thanks for posting so that we all got an extra lesson!

suziko

Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:52 am

D-dog,

Having seen your video on Sister Golden Hair, I don't think you need any help with your barre chords!

Suzi

rapsidy

Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:02 pm

I know its old but well done Suzie for back then , you probably look at that now and go I cant believe i posted that :S but these a great and Neils tips, its the little things he showa you, i am at the stage now and was making the same mistakes my thumb was behind 2 fret while doing G etc and doing same thing going to Bm what a difference it makes getting your hand in the correct position,,

it has helped heaps already. All from something you bravely posted ages ago so thanks

(not that there was anything wrong with your vid B) )

Brad

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic