The Loner by Wrench

wrsomers

Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:13 pm

Hey Guys,

Neil said this song was fun to play, and man was he right. The hardest part of this video is containing the adrenaline rush.

It's a little rough but I only have thirty minutes on it. Neil Young is just great stuff to play - very high reward for some work.

TG comments are always welcome.

I'll post a followup later when it smooths out some. Enjoy.

wrench

haoli25

Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:41 pm

Good job Dan! After watching your example and armed with Neil's tips, I am going to give it try also. Thank you for posting your video.

Bill Image

goldleaf

Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:38 pm

Great job for only 30 minutes. Sorry for coming so close behind you with the same song. I was downloading it to YouTube w/ about 8 minutes to go and went back to TG and saw your video and Neil's review. I was already committed at that point. Wish I had of heard Neil's review before recording the Loner but I did that last night. Gary

neverfoundthetime

Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:24 pm

Great Job Wrench! And how much fun is it to get a video response from Neil eh? Super cool! Keep them coming!

BigBear

Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:35 pm

Kevin- thanks for posting this song! Great first shot at it buddy! You've got it about 95% nailed.

And thanks to Neil for the video follow-up. That was extremely useful advice which I missed on the lesson.

You both made me want to go try it again!

Cheers! :cheer:

BobR

Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:28 pm

Wrench,

Sorry, I thought I had seen you do this song before So I first looked at Neils Response. Anyway I just listened and I think it sounded real good and only 30 minutes into it. WOW. Keep it up!!

Bob

wrench

Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:49 pm

Hey Guys,

Thanks for the positive comments, but I would be guilty of double-dipping if I didn't confess that Neil pulled a fast one on us today and re-posted all the videos to which he made video responses. I actually posted this about three weeks ago. That said, I owe you guys a follow up, which I am really looking forward to. So Bob, you are correct that you may have seen this video before.

This song is a blast to play, and it's pretty easy - give it a go if you're a Neil Young fan.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic