Something

beaker

Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:49 pm

Hello fellow Target students,
This is my rendition of Something. I have been playing it for few months now. If you have any comments that would be great I would love to hear your suggestions. I learned this song because I love it, and as Neil says it is quite possibly the best Beatles song. It has challenging chords and it fun to play. I posted it partly for feedback, partly because I wanted to share it with you. Beaker.

[video type=youtube][/video]

tovo

Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:21 pm

Great job man, really liked it. I'll leave tips for improvement to Neil I think! It looks a very challenging number and you played it with feeling.

haoli25

Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:28 pm

Beaker, thanks for sharing your video. You did a great job with what truly is a challenging song as Tony mentioned. That is such a great song.
One suggestion for you. Your guitar is moving around on you, have you considered using a strap for stability?

Thanks again for the post.

Bill Image

dennisg

Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:35 pm

Wow, man, there's some long finger stretches in that song. I had no idea. Great, great job.

- Dennis

dekotaj

Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:05 pm

BRAVOOOO,BRAVO,Im with Dennis on this one.I did not know fingers could do that.Well at least not my.Great song Great post.

Kevin.

BigBear

Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:17 pm

Beaker- you've been a busy boy!! Another nice job and I really liked your more agressive approach to the song. I'm not a huge Beatles fan and that song always seemed too slow and "bogged down" for my taste but you put some energy into it. Great job!

What make of guitar are you playing? It looks like a Larrivee with all the Mother of Pearl on it but I could never see the top of the headstock.

Again, thanks for sharing these vids with us. Your practice is apparent to us all! Congrats!

Cheers! :cheer:

neverfoundthetime

Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:20 pm

That is sounding just great Beaker! Really nice song well played. YOu were enjoying tht, it's plain to see! Well done!

michelew

Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:00 pm

That was beautiful Beaker. Those chord changes looked difficult, but you handled them with great. Nice job!

BTw - I am a fan of the strap - I think it makes a big difference and allows you to concentrate on playing rather than stabilising the guitar.

Michele

MarkM

Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:09 pm

Sweet. Love the Beatles. Love the song. You did a very good job on something that I haven't even begun to try with all those serious finger stretches. Kudos to you. Really enjoyed it.

MarkM

beaker

Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:16 pm

Thanks to all of you for your comments. I will think about a strap, it probably will help. The only thing is my heros are Jimmy Page, Jerry Garcia, Keith Richards and those kind of bad ass guys, I am not sure if I slung the guitar down around my knees like they do it would help!!??? Ha Ha! I sure wouldn't want to get caught looking like the Fab Four circa 1964!... embarrassing! But seriously, I may have to look at that, thanks. Beaker.

Plus, I sure do learn a few things looking at my own playing! My A shaped Barre chords have become downright demented over the years... AKA sloppy, gotta look at that too.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic