Bob Marley Redemption Song - MarkM

beaker

Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:50 pm

Mark, I am a BIG Bob Marley fan too. He is a musical GOD to me, a complete Saint. Anyway that is great that you figured that one out and had a breakthrough moment! The best part was that muted strumming section that you did, if I remember correctly, that is just like in the live versions. One minor thing of note, at 0:55 Seconds, you jump to a D chord. I think there may be a descending single note there that you missed, much like you do many times over in the song when you go from C to Am with a B thrown in on the decent. The D just seemed a little bit abrupt. I am not Neil, so I may be wrong, but that is just how I hear it. The song was well played though, great actually! Beaker.

MarkM

Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:58 pm

Thank you thank you thank you..........

Chris - I'll have to fire the dog for leaving his post. The guitar is a Taylor DN4. Just put new strings on it a few days ago. Added a little sparkle...

Kevin - Thanks. Yeah I love Jamaica. My wife and I went to Negril a Longgg time ago it seems now. I'd love to go back.

Michele - Thanks! The dog was staring at me off camera the whole time begging for me to let him out. He finally made his point.

Bill - Look the song up. It really is pretty easy. Hey if I can learn it anyone can. That is for sure.

Bob - Nice pick up on the hat. I wish I was happier with them after yesterday. I have a feeling next week may be the last game.

Beaker - I belive you are correct on the run that I missed before the D. I'll blame it on the dog. ;)

MarkM

AcousticAl

Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:57 pm

Nice version. Took me back to a University trip to Jamaica that I hardly remember anything of!!

Also, congrats on the lightbulb moment! I'm hoping to have more of those in 2010 as well.

wrench

Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:22 pm

Great job Mark. That's really well done for something you put together yourself in an hour.

If only your camera knew how great a show it was missing.......

Lavallee

Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:34 am

Hi Mark, very nice video. It is very good that you found the chords and figure it out, good step in become self sufficient with guitar playing. As mentioned above the your palm muting was very good. I thought for a moment that we were going to assist to the first tong strumming from your dog.

Marc

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic