Bob Marley Redemption Song - MarkM

MarkM

Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:09 pm

So the Holidays are over and it's a another cold snowy day in NH and I'm dreaming of warm blue waters, umbrella drink and lounging by the water.......So I torture myself more by puting on some Bob Marley in my office and Redemption Song comes on. Always loved this song. As I'm listening I'm starting to pick up the strum pattern, tempo, chord changes, etc.... I say "this isn't so tough". I noticed some of the same techiques and patterns/runs in some of the stuff I was doing. Norwegian Wood and Friend of the Devil. That was first. Me picking up stuff just by listening to it. Neil's lessons are paying off!!! So I go and grab the chords on the internet, strum through it for about an hour and this is what I came up with. It's still a work in progress and I'm not that clean with it but I wanted to post this explaining that what I learned from Neil's lessons on the songs above I was able to play this with relatively little practice time because of that I LEARNED doing other things. Thank you Neil!!! Progress is slow but it's still moving forward. You'll see I got a visitor at the end of the song that got me a little distracted.

MarkM

Just checked the video and it's "still Processing". I hope the quality gets better over time but I'm still having issues with choppyness. I'll reformat my SD and hard drive on my camera and hopefully that will make the next upload look better.

tovo

Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:18 pm

Not much of a Bob Marley fan Mark but I am a fan of your playing. Good stuff. Another good upload.

haoli25

Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:21 pm

Mark I just knew that your dog was going to start singing at any moment! :laugh:

Your video was excellent! You should be very proud of this video, very steady and smooth. Thank you for posting your video.

Bill Image

suziko

Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:49 pm

Congrats on the "eureka!" moment! That had to have been a good feeling!

Nice job on the song, too. I loved seeing your dog come in at the end. Black lab?

Suzi

MarkM

Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:45 pm

Thanks all!!

Suzi - Yes it was a good feeling to feel confident in a song that I thought I could grasp just by listening to it. Yeah my dog Cooper decided to let me know that he really needed to be let outside. He always finds the most oportune moments to do that.

Haoli25 - I'm lucky the dog didn't start to howl....Thanks for the compliments. Still need some work on it. The more I listen to it the worse it sounds. Probably need to soften it up a bit.

Tovo - Always like to see you comments. Thanks!!! Ire Ire......

Still dissapointed in video quality. All this money on the camera and I can't get a good upload. I'll reformat the drive and hopefully that will work. It's distracting to look at the video.

MarkM

neverfoundthetime

Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:52 pm

Hey Mark, great going! What's your guitar? Nice sound. YOu just need to tell us how the heck did you get your dog to work the camera like that?!
:-)

dekotaj

Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:56 pm

Mark Great song.I am a big Bob Marley fan.IN fact 90 of my family went to Jamaica this summer for my niece's wedding,Took my boy on the first scuba dive,and then there second.Great time great music and alot of sun.Thanks for posting.ONE LOVE Mark,ONE LOVE.

Kevin

michelew

Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:07 pm

That was great Mark. Way to apply what you've learned to something new - good on you. I thought you were very professional when the dog came in. You acknowledged her/him and just kept right on playing - from memory you didn't miss a beat. Very smooth too - especially for something you've been playing for such a short time. Great job.

leeson

Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:38 pm

Hey Mark,

Looks just my Lab, Blue.
I could be wrong but I could swear I could see him bobbing his head to the beat.
Redemption song is a tune I have always wanted to learn. I will see if I can get it from your video.
Thanks.

Bill

BobR

Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:47 pm

Real good job Mark. I really like the Reggae stuff. Looking forward to more..

Bob

PS I like your hat!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic