Loner by Goldleaf

BobR

Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:16 pm

Gary,

Can you have too much coffee? :laugh: I was just looking at Neils response to Wrench on the Loner and you're correct a bit fast, but you kept up with it all the way and I thought it sounded great.

Bob

michelew

Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:38 pm

Nice job Gary. It sounded great. It looked like a hard song. The camera definitely puts me on edge - not that anyone would know that - cause I never mention it of course. :unsure: :whistle: ;) I look forward to the more relaxed version (less caffeine inspired). Given that you can play it this fast 105bpm is likely to be easier.

AcousticAl

Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:30 pm

Arrreba!

Well done, Gary. It's a tough song to strum, even at Neil's (and Neil's) regular speed. You kept it rockin' though.

Are you planning on doing a slower version?

wrench

Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:00 pm

Gary,

Considering the speed, man those chord changes are awesome! Something about this song just makes me want to tear the strings off the guitar when I play it, so I can understand the turbo boost. You handled it well, buddy. Sounds great.

wrench

goldleaf

Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:12 am

Wrench and Al thanks. I was surprised how fast I played that all the way through. Al, I think I'll let good enough alone. I just heard Dekota play Rainy Day People by GL and I gota learn how to play that song, it's one of my all time favorites. I have a hard time staying on track. Sometimes TG is like a candy store & I'm a kid, I want to play them all. Too bad it dosen't work that way. Gary

willem

Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:25 am

Gary, i have loved your beefy D,, so i have very enjoyed your speedy(gonzales),, i was thinking that i was making a trip with a train,,,the 20 beats slower you get when you get to a thee i think,,,i loved it...cheeeeeeeeese.

Lavallee

Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:39 am

Hi Gary, I thought you did a fantastic job here. Your strumming, even if it is a little fast, shows the fun you have with this song.

Marc

Chasplaya

Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:05 pm

This is a great song, your caffeine version was good lol. Inspires me to play that, wait up , put it on the bottom of my ever increasing list.

Keep em coming Gary, if you can play it that fast then it should be a breeze to slow down to 105bpm.

Chas

goldleaf

Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:50 pm

Chas, I agree, I'll slow it down 20 bpm or so and it should be easier to play and probably sound better to boot. Gary

MarkM

Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:07 pm

goldleaf wrote:
Chas, I agree, I'll slow it down 20 bpm or so and it should be easier to play and probably sound better to boot. Gary

Gary,

I agree with slowing it down. I have no idea what speed mine was at but I rather like the slower speed for this song. It should make the trasistions easier and give the song a whole new feel for you.

MarkM

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic