Redemption Song (final) - MarkM

MarkM

Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:24 pm

First off. Apologies to all for having to deal with my video issues. I've spend a better part of this afternoon and this evening trying to figure out a way for me to get my .MTS formatted video off my HD video camera to work without any issues on Youtube. Did some research and found that a bunch of folks have the same issue. Not sure if Youtube has caught up with this format yet. Sooooooo with that said I went out and bought a converter program that will convert .MTS to anything imaginable. Now I have that problem as to pick which one works the best. I've tried a whole bunch of different formats and to tell you the truth, I'm beat. This one here is an HD WMV file. Not perfect but it will do. The video now looks pretty good (not as good as the MTS though) but you'll hear some audio "ghosts" or light clicking in the background. I'll try to work on that for my next song but for this one I'm done. The only thing that didn't change was the talent level of the guy playing here. :blink:

Hope this is better than yesterday's version.
MarkM

haoli25

Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:42 pm

You played that very well Mark. The format that you are using now is fine, very clean and clear. Thank you for all of the hard work and for posting your video.

Bill Image

AcousticAl

Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:20 pm

With an .mts file- am I right that it's a Sony cam you're using? The converter program that you bought seems to do a good job-- the quality looks great now. What converter did you use?

Would you mind making a post of your experience in the TG Techie group? There's a discussion called What are you recording with where people list the cameras they use and pros & cons about them.

Hopefully things go smoother now that you've got the bugs fixed.

BobR

Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:05 pm

Mark,

Very well done. I especially liked your palm muting. It looks like all your efforts payed off because the video looks great now.

Bob

cosmicmechanic

Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:18 pm

I appreciate your technique, you seem to be very methodical and persistent. It does take a great deal of concentration (how many takes?) to make a video this long without too many glitches. This piece is interesting from beginning to end.

Pierre

MarkM

Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:27 pm

Thanks all.

haoli25 - Thank you for the support!!

Al - Thanks. The camera is a Canon Vixia HG20. I will certainly go to the other discussion board and post what I had to go through today so hopefully it will help someone else out. This was very frustrating. If I was going to blow away my afternoon I would have much rather been doing it with a guitar in my hands than a keyboard......

Bob - Thank you. I need to incorporate the PM more smoothly to the song. It sounds a bit seperate from the rest of the song. I'll get there though.

Cosmicmechanic - Persistant to a fault. I think it took 6 takes to get this one down to what you saw. I actually had a better version of it but competely lost concentration in the end and just stopped. I try and set a goal of 10 takes max and then I'll pick the best overall version. Well for that day anyway....

MarkM

RicksPick

Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:06 am

Hi Mark

Nicely done
A tune that I have played the intro to for years but no further so It was nice to see the rest, thank you. ;)

RicksPick

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic