'Harvest Moon' by AcousticAl (with melody)

AcousticAl

Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:27 pm

OK.. One more before I head off. Harvest Moon.

A few things I'm working on in this:
-harmonics
-muting strings by lifting my fingers from the chord a bit (just enough to stop the vibration)
-picking out the harmony between the strums
-my strumming in general

There are some songs that sound incomplete to me if certain parts are missing from them. With Harvest Moon, the harmonics is one of those parts, so I tried to incorporate it in my version.

I'm here one more day, so let me know what you think.

Al

neverfoundthetime

Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:40 pm

Way to go AL! Not at all easy to get those harmonics and keep the smooth timing. That will polish up well, I'm sure. Love these short vids showing specific techniques that you are trying as it helps pave the way for those of us yet to try it. Pizza and beer to you! And a tube of suntan lotion for your trip!

MarkM

Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:55 pm

Al,

Nice job with the melody notes and the harmonics!!! I'm trying to incorporate some of that as well and know how difficult it is when trying to keep a solid strum. That sounded very good. Looking forward to seeing the progression.

MarkM

Chasplaya

Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:02 pm

Yet again good job Al. The Harmonics are working for you and you are so right some things gotta be included for a song to sound correct.

dennisg

Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:21 pm

Al, you totally rock! Congrats on another great upload. If your goals were to work on playing harmonics and tightening up your strumming, you succeeded in a major way. And I love the sound of your guitar.

- Dennis

coclimber

Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:33 pm

I agree with all of the above, and Chris' statement that you'll polish that up in short order. Very nicely played; I've been learning this one myself and you have undoubtedly inspired me to start playing the harmonics and picking out the melody as well.

Nicely done.

BobR

Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:27 pm

Al,

Very nicely done. I really think the harmonics make it. And you have pretty good luck with the melody also. I know I have been practicing this song and still have a few issues but hope to post it before too long.

Great job
Bob

haoli25

Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:40 pm

Al, well I hope you are happy now! NOW, I have to go back and work on those harmonics too! :)

You did a great job on that song. Thanks for the inspiration and thank you for posting your video.

Bill Image

tovo

Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:54 pm

Al that's beautiful. It's only a bit more time now until you have that totally mastered. Looking forward to seeing it again in a while, but totally enjoyed listening to it as it stands.

Craig

Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:36 pm

Great job Al! It's hard enough to hit good harmonics on one fret, hitting them on two different frets in the same measure is impressive!
Thanks!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic