"Junk" by Paul McCartney (DennisG)

dekotaj

Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:56 pm

BRAVO!!BRAVO!!BRAVO!!!Sorry so long to reply.Words cant say enough about that performance.And that's what it was a great performance.I was hopping not to have to type alot after last weekend,But after that performance,I thought you might get a kick out of this story.

After listening to the song a couple of times,I had started to whistle the melody for a couple of days.And though i would listen to it again.And my wife was in the other room folding some laundry,and ask if that was the song i had been whistling.I told her yes.She ask whom was doing it.I replied a guy named DennisG.She replied,that is a very nice song.And i told her i agreed with her.And by this time she had finished folding laundry.And as she headed downstairs,She walked by the room and said you should buy that CD.And down the stairs she went.So with that when you do your first CD,let me know cuz we would like a copy.

Excellent post,and cant wait for your next performance!Kevin

dennisg

Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:56 am

Pierre: Until now, I've never once been told that I sound like Harry Nilsson. Harry Truman, maybe. But never Harry Nilsson. I would love to be able to sing every Nilsson song, but unfortunately I'm left with a post-surgical voice that has had its top end lopped off and not much breath control. To sing a lot of his songs you need to be a vocal acrobat and have the breath control of a pearl diver. Still, I've been listening to Nilsson songs for the past couple of days, and I may have come up with one that's within an octave of my vocal range. We'll see what happens. Thanks so much for your very nice posts in both this and Neil's "Junk" thread.

Gary: Thanks so much. I've been working on a new song for a month now, but I've yet to play it all the way through without a major mistake. And I haven't even added the voice to it yet. This could take awhile.

Willem: I'd love for you to learn this beautiful song. I think you'd do a great job with it.

Kevin: I can understand whistling the song while you do other things, because it's a catchy little tune. Thanks so much for that story. You're absolutely right -- I did get a kick out of it. Haha. My first CD.

goldleaf

Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:54 pm

I really love this song by Dennis and Neil. Both are really nice to listen to. Now I would like to learn how to play it. Good job Dennis. Gary

d_dog

Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:24 pm

Whoa! That was sweet. Now that is really pushing the boundaries of learning, boy did it pay off. I have that Anthology 3 album and hadn't really paid much attention to it. So glad you posted this. Fantastic singing too. Student of the week/month! Congrats.

goldleaf

Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:22 pm

Dennis, Junk, is still haunting me, so glad you decided to play it and Neil reviewed it. I have never heard it before, I am trying to learn it in standard tuning but another long term project. Thanks again Dennis, Gary

dennisg

Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:30 pm

goldleaf wrote:
Dennis, Junk, is still haunting me, so glad you decided to play it and Neil reviewed it. I have never heard it before, I am trying to learn it in standard tuning but another long term project. Thanks again Dennis, Gary
Yeah, it's that kind of song, Gary. You can now imagine what it's like to be haunted by a song for 40 years before learning to play it. The standard tuning is on my long list of songs to learn. I wish you good luck with it.

stratman3

Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:16 am

Dennis,
GREAT job and GREAT vocals, nicely done. I am inspired. I love that song, I have not heard it in years, it is now on the list as a must to learn. The melody of this song is so haunting. Lennon and Mccartney their songs and melodies will live on forever.
Thank You for sharing, Gary.

dennisg

Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:24 am

stratman3 wrote:
Dennis,
GREAT job and GREAT vocals, nicely done. I am inspired. I love that song, I have not heard it in years, it is now on the list as a must to learn. The melody of this song is so haunting. Lennon and Mccartney their songs and melodies will live on forever.
Thank You for sharing, Gary.
Thanks, Gary. I think "Junk" is one of those songs that so many people loved back in its day, but it somehow fell through the cracks. Why, I'm not sure. But, except for "Maybe I'm amazed," almost nothing from McCartney's first solo album gets any air time.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic