Does Anyone Have Pizza Points For Neil?

AndyT

Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:36 am

LOL So which is it Neil? Amatos or T-Birds?
Or do you run with the pack and go Papa's?

TGMatt

Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:04 am

I just arrived late tonight in San Jose, (drove from Arizona) and Im reading these responses and Im thrilled, I asked Neil to get these done before his break was finished, and he did an awesome job, he has one daughter flying back to uni tommorow and on the same day another has a birthday, so a lot going on...I will be with him tommorow first time in a month and I will take a pizza over to share with Potsticker and him (Hawaiin of course )and well be doing some more planning on songs selection ..and I will pass your thoughts on..

Keep up the good new year juju all

Cheers

TGMatt

Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:07 am

I forgot I will add the spam afterwards....(still trying to get my head around this culinary delight)

:blink:

AndyT

Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:10 am

No Spam! BLECH!
Not all Hawaiians like that stuff. Especially the ones that know what it really is. LOL

TGMatt

Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:49 am

I was just chilling out in the hotel in san jose surfing, watching a little of the box and Steve Colbert (the Colbert report for the foreigners), and he mentioned the new dominoes pizza , they changed everything, crust, cheese etc..his quote...

"Was that pizza or did an angel just give birth in my mouth"...

Synchronicity

michelew

Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:51 am

Firstly, I absolutely agree with you Wrench, Neil deserves lots of pizza points - as do the whole TG team actually.

Secondly,

TGMatt wrote:
I was just chilling out in the hotel in san jose surfing, watching a little of the box and Steve Colbert (the Colbert report for the foreigners), and he mentioned the new dominoes pizza , they changed everything, crust, cheese etc..his quote...

"Was that pizza or did an angel just give birth in my mouth"...

Synchronicity
I'm having trouble with that quote Matt.....is an angel giving birth in your mouth a good thing???

mark

Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:31 am

Totally agree.
Neil's video responses are great and an essential part of what make totally guitars so good.

Music Junkie

Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:35 am

No doubt about it. Neil has really been busy that past few days. I have watched many of his video responses and have found them very informative and encouraging. I love the way he points out what you are doing right along with what you need to work on in a positive manner. Major pizza points to you Neil. Thanks so much for sharing your gift with us!

MJ

NKenny

Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:35 am

I agree the response from Niel Is so valuable. New players like myself make many of the same mistakes and when Neil points them out it helps us all. That's why this site is so great, Neil and all the others truly want us to become better at playing.

Have a great day Kenny

MarkM

Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:05 pm

What can I say about Neil, Matt and the rest of the folks that put this site together that hasn't already been said. (But I will anyway) I, like alot of you I'm sure, came to this site because one day just over a year ago I stumbled onto a Youtube video that Neil had out. One thing led to another and I got on that first live stream and signed up that first day. I couldn't be happier. At the time I had been playing this six stringed wooden thing for about 20 years on and off. Mostly off. I had this OK beat up guitar in the corner that was constantly beeing neglected. The action was way to high. I never played consistantly to get the fingers all callused up so I would be in pain and frustrated when I did pick the thing back up. Just before finding TG I had decided that enough was enough and I was going to make a go of this. Went out and bought a guitar then bought another. I guess what this long rambling post all boils down for to me is that without TG and Neil especially I wouldn't have invested this much time and effort into trying to better my skill set on a daily basis.

I would have never put forth such an effort if I were taking lessons one day a week. I would have driven myself and the instructor crazy. What this site provides is that unique ability to say "Stop. Can you show me that again please? And if it isn't too much trouble. Can you slow it down." Of course Neil always has a smile when I do that on the video lesson. To not only have the video instruction broken down but the TAB and the Chord sheets there as well is......invaluable.

As you know I get bored/frustrated easily so, for me, to have this archieve of lessons is beyond belief. Lucky for me that I really like about 95% of all the songs on here. Simply amazing. Also that now I'm on the forum I have found that it's a great resource as well. There was a post asking why do you post songs for review. Well for me it gives me a goal to show what I can or can't do. I've become a junky with this feature and can't wait to put up another video. Where else can you do this with the support structure around it? Nowhere....

Ok. Rambled enough. Thanks for a great site, an amazing instructor (Seeing Neil giving lessons is like seeing an old friend now and I really look forward to watching them even if I've seen it 20 times I still get something new out of it.), great members to share progress with and a great place for me to spend time doing something that I don't I don't think I could live happily without. Can't wait to see what's instore for 2010.

MarkM

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic