A Day In The Life, need help and input/feedback

cosmicmechanic

Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:35 pm

Good work there, you show good concentration. It was also fun for me imagining the lyrics and remembering hamming it up around a campfire with a chord sheet and flashlight. Thanks for posting!

goldleaf

Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:00 pm

Pete, welcome to the video posters club. Now that you got the basics down you can start working on the details. You have shown you have the ability to play the chord changes etc. at different tempos and you did a good job of changing chords. Suggestion!! Maybe a metronome so you can slow it down and play at the same tempo through out the song? Mainly just keep the songs coming and you will definitely keep improving. Gary

johnrfeeney

Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:55 pm

very good , chord changes will come smoother with practice

Lavallee

Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:32 am

Hey Pete glad you gave it a try with the video. You will find that it is a good reference that you can go back and compare your progress. I find your rendering of the song is quite good. I think all the advices have been noted above.

I think the most important one is about the bar chord. You should try to correct the landing of the chord which you are starting with all the other fingers and then the (bar)index last. As Wrench mentioned, you have to invert the sequence. If you do not correct that now it will slow you down when some quick change bar chords will be in the song you select.

Marc

Yamaha48

Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:04 pm

Hello Pete.

Welcome you do good work man,it sounds pretty good fore the time you have spend.I hope you share more from your self.
See ya.

greet Anton

d_dog

Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:15 am

I love this song! It's the first song in my giant 3 ring binder of song tabs, alphabetical of course, so I play it often. I usually run out of steam at about C. :)
I've never really practiced playing this one all the way through, you are a trooper! Great job on staying with it. I don't recall hearing the "Woke up, got outta bed, dragged a comb across my head" part. Maybe I missed it, I'll listen again. That part is the part I struggle with from a strumming and timing aspect, it's such a disconnect from the previous verses. This song has so many different sections to it. I had heard a story that John and Paul were both working on songs and hadn't really fleshed them all out yet and decided that they would just mash these two unfinished songs together, and with the magic of George Martin this is what came out. Can't remember where I heard this so take it with a grain of salt, but it seems possible anyway.
Anyway, great job, I would love to see Neil put this on the list.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic