Melissa w/ attempted Melody -- by Goldleaf

goldleaf

Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:10 pm

Thanks Suzi. This is the song I was working on almost a month ago when we were discussing some difficulties I was having trying to sing along with Melissa, then giving that up and trying to add some melody instead & not really being satisfies with the results. I guess it all helps with the learning process, no one said it was going to be easy!! Thanks for your support, it's appreciated. Gary

goldleaf

Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:19 pm

No amp Dennis. Just my camcorder to my PC through the Pixela software that came w/ my Canon FS 200 & the aux. microphone I bought to use with it. I tried looking at my sound setup in my PC, when I clicked on left speaker it made it stereo?? but reverted to the initial setup after each time I played it using Pixela on my PC. I would like to get a setup where I have more control over tone, volume re: audio. Also mixing several tracks together would be nice. Looking at Micro BR hardware which Al uses frequently and some different software but haven't found a comination that makes sense to me yet. Still need to do some more research. If you have any suggestions I'd be interested. I wouldn't even mind spending a few hundred $$ to get setup. Gary

dennisg

Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:36 pm

goldleaf wrote:
No amp Dennis. Just my camcorder to my PC through the Pixela software that came w/ my Canon FS 200 & the aux. microphone I bought to use with it. I tried looking at my sound setup in my PC, when I clicked on left speaker it made it stereo?? but reverted to the initial setup after each time I played it using Pixela on my PC. I would like to get a setup where I have more control over tone, volume re: audio. Also mixing several tracks together would be nice. Looking at Micro BR hardware which Al uses frequently and some different software but haven't found a comination that makes sense to me yet. Still need to do some more research. If you have any suggestions I'd be interested. I wouldn't even mind spending a few hundred $$ to get setup. Gary
Since I'm a Mac guy, I can't help you with any Windows questions. I wish I could.

But before the sound gets to your computer, you could be controlling the tone and volume of both (guitar and mic) channels with an amp. From the amp, you'd go from the Line Output jack(s) to the mic input on your camera. As for the layering you're looking for, I imagine sure there's a Windows equivalent to the Mac program called Garage Band, which is what most inde musicians are using now to record with.

goldleaf

Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:33 pm

Dennis, I was looking at some tube amps that are under $100 and are very small (no speaker) just used to boost the signal like from a e/guitar to your PC. Just enough so you have the proper amount of power going to your PC or as you mentioned my camcorder. I had the same thought to run my guitar through one of these small amps then to my camcorder to boost my signal. Al brought up a good point, I only have a $12 mic from Radio Shack I use with my camcorder, I also have a Shure 58 mic XLR which I could use with the small amp which accepts both 1/4 and XLR. I'll let you know if I buy something & how it works. Gary

goldleaf

Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:50 pm

Andy, I also use it "in the can" for other meanings also, like what my wife says to a salesman calling on the phone for me. gary

reiver

Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:21 pm

Nice job, Gary. This was my first post and it was nice to play along again - 'though you made it a bit tougher on yourself than I did. I think that any minor timing/strumming issues could be resolved by playing along with Neil's lesson a couple of times but good work on the melody - wish I'd thought of that.

r

tovo

Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:29 pm

Cool song Gary and good job. I can't add anything useful but I really did enjoy your video so thanks for the post.

AndyT

Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:23 am

LOL Gary,

Sorry, hes in the can. LOL

BobR

Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:34 am

Gary,

Nice job. I really like that song. As others have said it sounds nice to add the melody notes as well.

Bob

goldleaf

Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:12 pm

Thanks, Bob. Actually a number of members have said my continuous up down strumming needs some work, a few mentioned the addition of some melody notes I added. I need to figure out how to do both, continuous strumming and adding in melody notes. Haven't figures that one out yet. Thanks for your input. Gary

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic