Friend Of The Devil by MarkM

dekotaj

Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:14 pm

Still having trouble with this song. It seems to be quite the albatross for me. It's not that the chords are difficult. I'm progressing fine with the bass notes. For me it's the down/ups following the bass notes. Doesn't matter what speed I play it at either. I'm thinking that if I just keep at it muscle memory will take over. This one is quite frustrating. On the good side I FINALLY got my video uploads squared away. After reading Gary's/Goldleaf's Melissa thread I noticed that we both have the same software that came with the camera. So I tried what he described in how he exports and WA-LA. It seems to work. Not that it helped the talent or lack thereof. So if anyone has any suggestions on how to clean this up I'm all ears.

MarkM

[video type=youtube][/video]

MarkM

Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:39 am

Thank you Neil!! Much appreciated support and further guidance. I'm so happy to see all of these reviews you have been putting out this past week. It really helps not only those who originally posted the song but everyone else as well. I'm happy that you think my right hand has the steady strum. I ususally try to work on that when starting out a new song. I feel that with the strum or timing of it it really doesn't matter what notes you hit because it will sound all wrong anyways.

Yup I know all about that G. Been working on it all day yesterday and the day before on new songs. For some reason its a habit even harder to break on a song you've already somewhat learned. I'm stuck in the middle now that both fingerings feel strange and uncomfortable. Must be making progress. That goes for my thumb as well. I'm trying to bring it down and hopefully over time I'll get it there.

As for the down/ups it was your first or rather original strum. Bass/down/up/bass/down/Up. I just seem to have a hard time consistantly hitting the down ups. Probably because I'm focussing on the bass notes and the hammer ons so much.

Anyway thank you so much for your review.

MarkM

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic