Heart Of Gold

pbraun

Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:13 pm

First, thankk=s for all of the great input from my first video. I am taking all of it in and will learn from it to try and improve the song and my playing. I learned to play Heart Of Gold long before the lesson came out, so now I have alot more to learn, As was pointed out I now have a reference to go back to (kind like my EKG, as my doctor tells me). Anyway, here is my version. I hope to post one more today, that should do it for awhile.
Pete

pbraun

Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:15 pm

BobR

Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:42 pm

Pete,

I don't see anything yet, am I missing something?

Bob

Chasplaya

Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:48 pm

You succesfully uploaded to You Tube its just getting it here seems to be your problem.

nemastetaylor

Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:07 pm

Sounds great. You have really good right wrist action. Also the sound quality is good and your guitar sounds great too. I am wondering if there are suppose to be some rests or a different timing between the EM7 and the D in the intro?

Nemaste

Lavallee

Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:41 am

Hi Pete, that sounds very good, as Nemaste pointed out, your wrist keeps a very good strumming. If anything , I would suggest that you try to pick that A string in the hammer on of the Em instead of strumming through it so that it would be emphasized.

Great work Pete

Marc

neverfoundthetime

Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:02 am

Great stuff Pete, well done on this. I'm going to second Lav's comment about going for that hammer on at Em.... really makes the song¨Keep them coming Pete!

beaker

Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:32 am

Pbraun,

You have a great start on this song, you are going for the intro nicely, and your strum is steady. I would echo the previous suggestions about trying to pick out the bass notes and hammer on sequence on the Em. It will greatly improve the song. I also noticed at roughly 0:58 I think your chord changes may be a bit mixed up, you went to an Am and think it may go C with a bass walk down to G. But otherwise, it is coming along well, keep at it. Beaker.

jayswett

Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:35 pm

Your best video yet. If I could play the harmonica, I would have pulled it out and played right along. You might think about adding the base walkdown from G to Em, as well as from C to G. That would add some flavor to your performance. Overall, a very solid effort.

AcousticAl

Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:01 pm

Hi Pete,

Nice work with this song. I agree with Jay about the bass walks. That's one of the signature sounds in the piece that people expect to hear.

Also, I'd try to finger your G chord like Neil does. It would actually make the change from Em to G a lot easier for you. You wouldn't have to lift your middle finger from fretting B on the A string at all.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic