Neil Young's Natural Beauty - MarkM

MarkM

Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:31 pm

This song is the last song on Neil Youngs Harvest Moon album. I love the double drop D tuning on this and once I get it right I'll endevor to sing. If you are a harmonica play this is another good one for you. Need a little help here. If Neil or anyone else knows this song then you'll notice in the Chorus where the "G" chord (1.43 in) comes in it is very difficult for me to know if I'm keeping time. There are really no good Chord or TAB charts out there that will pinpoint when the chord changes take place. So I'm winging it with the lyrics playing in my head. I know this is close to 5 minutes and without singing I apologize if this get a little old. Hey the actual song is over 8 minutes.

I tried to change the hammerons a bit from time to time so it didn't add to the boredom factor. Hope you like. Looking forward to your comments and suggestions.

MarkM

pbraun

Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:40 pm

Very nice, it's been a Neil Young inda day for me as well
Pete

dekotaj

Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:06 pm

Mark great post,thank you.I love all these old folk songs.Keep them coming.All you guys playing these Taylor guitars.And they sound great,making me start to second guess my Martin.

Kevin

tovo

Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:35 pm

Hey Mark, you sure are pumping out the videos. Good stuff. A bit of lighting would be a good idea, I know you're there somewhere but it's a bit hard to pick you out! :) That has nothing to do with the playing though which is great. Hammer-ons are really nice and clean. Good job again mate.

BobR

Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:03 pm

Hi Mark,

I liked it. Real nice job. There's sure been a lot of NY songs today on TG. I am glad I like Neil :laugh: Hey are you kinda in the dark because of the game :( :(

Bob

MarkM

Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:48 pm

Thanks all.

Pete - Thanks. Been there all day myself.

Kevin - Thanks. Yeah there seems to be alot of Taylors on here. Haven't seen many Martins. Which model do you have? Love my friends HD-28.

Tony - Thanks. As Bob alluded too, I was in a dark mood late this afternoon. Well the realreason is that I only have a small lamp in my office and decided to record this spur of the moment.

Bob - Yeah lots of Neil Young on today. Great to see all folks posting videos. Game sucked. What a joke. Go Celtics!!

MarkM

dekotaj

Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:46 pm

Mark I play the Martin Aura DC.I also have played the HD-28 great guitar.I got this model for the electronics.

beaker

Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:38 am

Mark, though to say about those changes in the chorus, I think you may be right and things are not exactly right there but I think I should leave it to Neil for the advice on that one. The verses sound great though. The double drop D sounds great and so do your hammer ons. Beaker.

jayswett

Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:46 pm

That was very, very good. The hammer-ons were great. I recognized the song immediately when you started playing, but didn't know the name. Kudos on a great performance.

MarkM

Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:16 pm

Kevin-sounds like a good one. Not familiar with that model as I haven't looked at electronics before.

Beaker - Yeah there is a quick change from the C to the Dsus4 I think. Can't seem to get it right. Hopefully Neil or someone else knows the song and can show me the way. Once I get that I should be good to go. Well at least until I learn the harmonica.

Jay - Thank you for the compliments. Being my own worst critic I sometimes don't see the forest through the trees in my playing.

MarkM

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic