TOVO - That Beatles number again!

tovo

Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:36 pm

Thanks Dog. (Shouldn't I say dawg?) Anyway, I am definitely leaving it alone for a while. Thanks for taking the time to comment, I really liked your take on Sister Golden Hair.

cosmicmechanic

Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:51 am

Tony, if you're having difficulty slowing it down then I suggest "method acting": spend a few days living the song as if it was your own personal experience, and try not to end up in jail for doing it.

Remember, this is the story of a guy who talked all night with a girl in her room and then crawled (connect the dots?) on all fours into a bathtub and fell asleep.

When he woke up, he maybe even set fire to the girl's apartment (the lyrics are not clear about that).

This is SO not about adrenaline at all, in my humble opinion.

Thanks for being such a good sport, this is quite a nice thread :)

Pierre

tovo

Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:12 am

Pierre you are absolutely right. I have moved on to a finger picking number where I feel more comfortable but I will revisit this. I'm very familiar with the song and it's meaning but you are right, I'm missing the vibe entirely at the moment. I guess I can get in the mood for it, I have been fortunate to "liaise" with a lady on at least 4 occasions (count 4 children!) :laugh:

My struggles with this are now well known, but that's OK. It's all about getting feedback to get better so thanks for taking the time to comment.

AcousticAl

Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:22 pm

Hey Tony!

Good to see you haven't given up on this tune-- your determination is definitely paying off. There is a huge improvement from your first version of this song.

One thing that still stands out to my ear is (not) avoiding the low E and A strings for the D chord. A little more selective strumming would help imho.

But cheers to not letting it beat you!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic