TOVO - That Beatles number again!

tovo

Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:16 pm

Well I just can't let it go. I have taken aboard all comments and Neil's review and I think it's much better...but self praise has never been any great recommendation! :)

I think it's much more consistent in terms of the melody notes and unrushed. I have also worked on lighter strumming and keeping the D chord down. I'd like for my left thumb to be entirely behind the neck, but I have some big hands and it always shows. There is a good gap between my palm and the neck however so I think it's OK.

Over to you guys. I hope it's not torturous again:

neverfoundthetime

Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:24 pm

That's my man! Keep it going Tony you are improving with each post on this. Well done mate! Now, I reckon you could slow it down even more! I know, sounds unreasonable after you slowed it down so far already but it will become much easier to play slowed down even further.... you will see...
Good on ya mate! :-)

tovo

Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:27 pm

Gee Chris I don't know. Slow it down more? It will become..."I once had an old lady in a wheelchair"

I don't feel it's rushed like it was before. But thanks for the feedback, always appreciated.

mark

Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:31 pm

yes definately going in the right direction.

I would say just slow down a little and keep practicing it and you'll have it nailed. May take some time but definately getting there

dekotaj

Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:34 pm

Bravo!!Tony,I thought it sounded great.Good strum,good job on getting those single notes picked out.My advice,keep on playing it.And do another one.Only thing left is to clean it up a some.And the best way of doing that is just keep on playing it.

Bravo!!Kevin

Chasplaya

Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:35 pm

Great improvement there Tony, I don't know about slowing it down, the main issue I hear is the ever so slight pause between the picking and the strum. I recall Neil saying something along the lines of play the melody separately so you know that and add in the strum or something like that, need to check back. Or was it play the entire thing strumming and add in the picking lol. I note you stare at your right hand continuous, this is probably due to the muscle memory not having kicked in yet, I think if you concentrate a bit more on the left hand for a while then try and do it without looking, you know the Tommy Emmanuelle thing sit playing it over and over in front of the TV till you can play and watch tv at same time.

Good effort though the trees are being pruned back!!

mark

Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:37 pm

Why don't you try

My My Hey Hey by Neil young

It's got a similar approach of playing melody notes inbetween strumming

tovo

Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:46 pm

mark wrote:
Why don't you try

My My Hey Hey by Neil young

It's got a similar approach of playing melody notes inbetween strumming
I'll give it a try Mark thanks. Love Neil Young so that helps!

tovo

Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:48 pm

Thanks Kevin appreciate your comments. Chas, I have my big axe out...working up a sweat.

wrench

Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:56 pm

You're making good progress, my friend. You still look a little rushed at the Dm and the G, and I noticed you had a lot of fingers moving off the fretboard during those chord changes. May I suggest the following: make the D to Dm change by leaving your ring finger in place, then moving just the index and middle to complete the Dm. Then when changing from Dm to G, lead with the ring, leaving the middle planted just a couple of milliseconds to help guide the ring up to the sixth string. The main riff is coming along nicely, though. Pizza is within your grasp.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic