TOVO - That Beatles number again!

michelew

Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:46 pm

tovo wrote:
Gee Chris I don't know. Slow it down more? It will become..."I once had an old lady in a wheelchair"
LOL -LOL - you really got me with that one!!

Tony - you've obviously been working it. I think it IS much better. Slower, much lighter strumming (you look like you're brushing the strings more rather than digging in), the melody is clear and louder. The right notes are sustained. As you know I'm no expert so others may have advice on how to improve it further (I haven't read them yet - I'll be back - I'm off to work).

Good job Tony!

reiver

Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:26 pm

Hi Tony

Much better, and congratulations on you stick-to-it-ive-ness. You are a fine example.

I think the problem with the note that Dennis has pointed out is that you are playing a hammer on - then to the open G, whereas it should be a hammer on and off - then to the G. But that does not detract from the improvement in performance.

r

tovo

Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:06 pm

Thanks Reiver. Yeah I'm glad Dennis took the time to comment, I'll check out the error later today when I have a guitar. I think I'm at a stage now where I need to practice it without posting (I can hear the sighs of relief all the way across the various oceans!) as I'm sure everyone is heartily sick of it (me) by now and move on to something else.

I know I play it better than I used to though so my pain is not without gain.

hasben

Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:12 pm

Tony, so much better my friend! You seem to take to teaching well.
Fred

AndyT

Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:14 pm

Tony,

You have made so much progress on it. Now its time to put it away for a week. Don't play it, don't sing it, don't hum it. Not for a week. Then when you come back to it you will have a totally fresh take on it. You need to let it rest so it can be assimilated better.

tovo

Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:18 pm

Thank you Fred. No pain no gain as those moronic drill instructors used to yell at me.

Andy, thanks mate, I think you are absolutely right. I'll put it away for a while...for all our sakes! :)

haoli25

Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:05 pm

Tony my friend, I think you have made great progress with this song. I also think that you are very close to meeting your own expectations. Just a bit more polish. Stay with it!

Bill Image

tovo

Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:45 pm

I'll get it in the end Bill, thanks for your encouragement as always.

Chasplaya

Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:14 pm

haoli25 wrote:
Just a bit more polish. !

Bill
How appropriate for Norwegian Wood, is that Mr Sheen, Pledge or Turtle Wax?

jayswett

Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:35 pm

Definitely much better than your first, and positive progress relative to your second. No question. I must admit, though, after watching your Hallelujah performance, I'm disappointed when I don't hear any vocals on this song. No doubt, you'll say that you want to master the music first, and I would certainly agree with that.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic