Landslide - Updated

MarkM

Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:52 pm

Jay!!!! I'm beside myself!!!! That was breathtaking. Really. I kept waiting for Stevie to join in. So I'm listening and waiting for the moment and then bam, the solo came in. Remarkable. Thanks for updating. that was great.

MarkM

dennisg

Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:52 pm

Well, hell, Jay ... it hardly gets better than that! Your picking was just beautiful and flawless. Double kudos for maintaining a bass pattern while picking out the lead.

One technical problem, though: your mic cut out and I couldn't hear any of the vocals.

BobR

Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:41 pm

Hi Jay,
I am glad this came back to the top or I would have missed it.

Excellent job. Very very nicely done. !!!

Bob

tovo

Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:49 pm

Jay you have absolutely nailed that mate. You have put so much work into that and the results are there for everyone to see and enjoy. Congratulations on a superb post.

The only thing I can offer in terms of constructive points is that WHEN you sing it, I think you might need to slow the tempo slightly, that was my feeling as I listened and tried to silently mouth the lyrics. BUT I want to make it VERY clear...I think this post is just fantastic, so please don't take my comment as criticism in any way.

Lavallee

Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:51 pm

Jay, this is really good, no flaws there and the interlude has quite improved over the first take. The rhythm is like a clock. Your guitar sounds very professionnal. What kind of settings and connection do you use?

Marc

AcousticAl

Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:28 pm

You rock, Jay!

You can really tell how much work you've put into that song. You should be proud, and thanks for posting the update.

d_dog

Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:44 pm

FREAKIN' AWESOME! Jay you have really worked on that hard and it shows. Very awesome work man. I swear you're an atomic clock with that rhythm. Although I do agree with TOVO, it might be a tad fast, but I didn't check my metro-gnome. Great guitar sound too, are you mic'ing that guitar or is it plugged in? If so, what gear you have?
Great job man!

haoli25

Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:32 pm

jayswett wrote:
Here's an update to Landslide. This includes the intro, 1 verse, chorus, solo, and finally the chorus again. I'd say it's better than my first effort, but not by leaps and bounds. Hopefully, Take 3 will include some vocals. My next project will be Streets of London.

WOW!!!!! just, WOW!!! You nailed it Jay. That was great. It was such a pleasure to listen to. (I'm on my 3rd time now) Thank you so much for posting your video.

Bill Image

RicksPick

Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:10 am

Jay what can i say

VERY nice, I was listening to all the nuances in there
And well performed, thought it was a good improvement

RicksPick

jim56

Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:57 am

Well done, very nice indeed.
I can see your improvement from your first video.
Looking forward to the vocals. That will make it complete.
That song is very beautiful and you did an outstanding performance.
Thanks for sharing your video.

Jim

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic