Landslide - Updated

tovo

Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:16 pm

I'm bumping this to the top before it disappears from the front page. This is great work from Jay and everyone needs the chance to see it and comment.

d_dog

Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:56 pm

Awesome Jay, you're like a human metronome, I have yet to master good timing. Great job. However, since this is supposed to be feedback... I felt it may have lacked some dynamics. If you listen to Neils lesson, you'll notice a slight, what I'll call "swing" to the picking pattern. I personally feel his version might be a little heavy on this, but somewhere in between might give it a little more dynamics. I'll remind you however, I can't play it like either you or Neil can yet, so take this with a grain of salt. ;)

beaker

Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:08 pm

Jay, Wow!!!!! nice one! You are FLYING HiGH!!! No wonder it took you 3 months, it looks like a toughie. I love that song and you played it very well. Keep on Strumming!! Beaker.

beaker

Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:12 pm

Jay, I read D dogs post, I went and listened to what he was talking about on Neils Vid. I thinkn D Dog may be onto to something there..... Beaker.

wammer

Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:38 pm

Jay

Fantastic...............I was watching and singing. I love this song and you did a great job. I really want to learn the finger picking style. I just dont want to wait 3 months. :( Maybe one day

captainkdp

Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:34 am

Another beauty - lot's of hard work paid off. I have practiced this one off and on - very challenging. You have given me inspiration.

jayswett

Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:01 pm

beaker wrote:
Jay, I read D dogs post, I went and listened to what he was talking about on Neils Vid. I thinkn D Dog may be onto to something there..... Beaker.
Yes. I completely agree. Although I am happy with it as a first post, there is something about it that's not quite right. I mean in addition to the poor, base heavy, audio quality. I'll check out Neil's version again. I have made some progress on the solo over the last few days, so I'm pleased about that. I happen to think this is a good song for aspiring fingerpickers to learn. At least for the verse, the chords are pretty easy, and the fingerpicking pattern is steady and consisent if you don't feel the need to embelish in any way.

AcousticAl

Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:57 am

Just found this, Jay. Sweet version.

I have taken a stab at this song.. But I haven't had the time (or energy) to try the solo yet- but your version is inspiring for sure.

I did notice that your tempo did slow a bit during the solo.. You may want to play the whole song at the 'solo tempo' so that it doesn't change halfway through.

jayswett

Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:34 am

AcousticAl wrote:
I have taken a stab at this song.. But I haven't had the time (or energy) to try the solo yet- but your version is inspiring for sure.

I did notice that your tempo did slow a bit during the solo.. You may want to play the whole song at the 'solo tempo' so that it doesn't change halfway through.
The fact that it took me three months to learn that solo shouldn't dissuade you from learning it. I have accepted the fact that I am a slow learner, and I am quite sure you will have it down in days, not months. As for the tempo issue, you have made that point in the past regarding your own videos and I completely agree with it. I'll work on that for my eventual update. Perhaps Wammer would agree to sing it for me. She has the vocals for it, that's for sure. Welcome back, by the way.

jayswett

Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:34 pm

Here's an update to Landslide. This includes the intro, 1 verse, chorus, solo, and finally the chorus again. I'd say it's better than my first effort, but not by leaps and bounds. Hopefully, Take 3 will include some vocals. My next project will be Streets of London.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic