Landslide - Updated

jayswett

Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:15 pm

Here's my first attempt at Landslide. It's taken three months or so to get to this point. The solo was tough for me, and as you will see, it still is. Still some work to be done on this, but it's fun to play so I'll keep working on it and post an update at some point in the future.

I chose this song in the fall for several reasons.
1) fairly easy fingerpicking pattern and chord progression
2) challenging, but conquerable, solo. Can't wait to have it down better. Getting closer
3) recognizable to others as a beautiful song.

Thanks for watching.

haoli25

Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:24 pm

Congratulations Jay. I think you nailed it! Your tempo and fingerpicking were great. You are well on your way to mastering the little solo riff too. Thank you for posting your video.

Bill Image

tovo

Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 pm

Jay you're the man. It's obvious the amount of work you have put in here. Particularly to take on the solo as well. PERHAPS it might benefit from a little less emphasis on the base note during the picking, but I could certainly be way off the mark and look forward to comments from more technically capable members than I. Love this song and love your work mate. I've been looking forward to seeing this as I knew you were working on it. Great job.

BigBear

Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:39 am

Jay- that was super! Great job on the picking. Tony is right that your equilization was off because the bass was so dominant. That's not a criticism of your playing just the way these camcorders pick up sound. That being said you did an awesome job of keeping the bass steady.

You are the first person I've heard that did really credible job on that song. It's not as easy as it seems!

Thanks for sharing that and congrats on all your hard work. It really shows!

Cheers! :cheer:

RicksPick

Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:53 am

Jay Jay Jay!

Well done dude
Very good timing to my ear
An inspiration

RicksPick

dekotaj

Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:15 am

Hey Jay,I got to agree with Bill.Man sounded real good.Its nice to know that all the hard work pays off.Bravo!! Jay,Bravo!!

Kevin

michelew

Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:16 am

Thanks for that Jay. I've started learning this song, but I'm finding it harder than I expected to. For some reason the D7/F# throws me, but you just sail smoothly right through it. It's great to watch how it should be done. I haven't gotten off the first page of tab yet, so no advice here on the solo, but I bet you're not far off having it together - just more practice. Great timing and consistency. Smooth fingerpicking too. Good job!

mark

Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:04 am

Excellent
The bass is rock solid and clear.

The solo is nearly there and just a matter of practice.

My only useful comment would be to make up an ending for it.
Your version just kind of ends.

Maybe steal something from the solo or noddle a bit in the C major scale (I think it's in C?)
Or even just progressivly slow down when going through the last play through.

cosmicmechanic

Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:15 am

Well done, I was grinning ear-to-ear watching this, it came across as warm and relaxed :)

Nice that you managed the solo too!

Good fun watching you play this.

Pierre

neverfoundthetime

Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:06 am

Jay, well done! A really solid piece of work played excellently. Great post!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic