Landslide - Updated

michelew

Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:11 pm

That's a great idea Jay. I've started reviewing my songs too. I wonder how Neil does it given all the songs he knows.

Chasplaya

Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:34 pm

In relation to Battery low problem.

Slacken all strings put a capo on at second fret and then pop the bridge pins. change battery then replace pins remove capo and tune up voila its done. Same strings!

tovo

Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:39 pm

Chasplaya wrote:

Slacken all strings put a capo on at second fret and then pop the bridge pins. change battery then replace pins remove capo and tune up voila its done. Same strings!
Fortunately I don't have this problem but that's a really good tip Chas. Kudos for that one.

wrench

Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:45 pm

Jay,

Your work is really paying dividends, and your progress is commendable. Have a pizza. You earned it.

jayswett

Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:04 pm

Chasplaya wrote:

Thanks, Chas. I will try that. That sure sounds like it would work.

suziko

Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:41 pm

Jayswett wrote: I noted recently that songs I new several months ago, but haven't played recently, need to be refreshed in my memory.

Jay, I know what you mean. I tried to play Needle and the Damage Done recently and could barely play any of it. The slide was completely gone. It's amazing how quickly you can forget these things if you don't regularly refresh yourself. I decided this year I needed to make a list of "repetoire" songs that I run through on a regular basis to keep them in playing condition.

nemastetaylor

Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:54 am

Well done. I was waiting for Stevie Nicks to start singing and then walk behind you, and put her hand on you shoulder like in the video. Sounds really really nice. I hope to play it as well as you do. Keep posting. I like seeing you videos.

sws626

Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:20 pm

Nice job, Jay. I was interested to see your fingering on the G to D/F# section - a transition you make with astonishing ease. Yours not the fingering I'd been struggling with, but definitely something I'll try now.

The lead is sounding really good and it's clear that once you have that up to speed you'll have fulfilled all your objectives in taking on this song.

Stuart

Yamaha48

Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:23 pm

Hello Jay.

You love the finger picking style? i think so.
Nice play Jay,i love it.
Thanks that you whill share this video.

gr Anton

willem

Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:28 pm

Jay,,sometimes i think..have i watch....have i respond...no i did'nt...well,,,longtime ago i try this one, it is so beautyfull,,but i lay aside...i know for sure you did a fine playing here..fingerstyle is a nice way to play the guitar and you manage well,,can't give advise,,i go and look the lesson over,,,groetjes....

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic