Landslide - Updated

suziko

Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:40 am

And I thought your first post of this video was good. This was amazing. The song was beautifully picked (I'm always very envious of the clear, true notes you always get when you pick) and the solo sounded great. I know we're all on a "let's sing!" kick (which I love), but I'm not sure adding vocals is even necessary. I think it sounds perfect as a solo acoustic piece. Just my opinion, of course.

izzyhara

Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:57 am

How fun to just play and listen to something that just rolls along, with a nice rhythm and pretty notes. Sigh .... now I need to add this one to my list. Beautifully done, and thanks much for sharing. I also heard more bass notes than high notes, and again, that could be a camcorder problem. I will know to watch that in my own recordings.... if I could get off the forum long enough to actually learn to play something. Izzy

NKenny

Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:50 am

Jay that was great, you must have practiced a lot to get it that well.

Kenny

neverfoundthetime

Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:41 pm

That is just really excellent Jay, smooth, steady as a rock and clear as a bell. You really polished it up. Great Job!

Yamaha48

Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:36 pm

Hello Jay.

That sounds much better my friend.
I can see,and here that you spend
a lot off time,on this tune.
Thanks fore youre update Jay.

Greet Anton

goldleaf

Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:28 pm

Killer job on a very hard song. It dosen't get much better than that. Good goin, I would love to be able to play close to what you hav achieved. Gary

izzyhara

Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:44 pm

Ok..... so now we have to post a video
Incorporate all the feedback we get
Record the updated and improved version
in - like - a day?
Do you people sleep? Or have jobs? :S

jayswett

Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:59 pm

Thanks again to all for the feedback. I agree that my updated version is too fast. It's amazing how I'll make a concerted effort to start off slowly, but mid-way through the song, I'm back to my old tricks of playing too quickly. It detracts from the song, no question, so I will continue working on that. As for my gear, I have managed to get a reasonably good sound with a fairly rudimentary setup. My Alvarez acoustic/electric is plugged directly into the "line in" port of my computer. I record the audio with audacity, and the video with my webcam. The two are combined using windows moviemaker. Using audacity, I can make a separate "vocal" track, but I've only done that once and haven't yet found another song to try that again. I'm working on Streets of London currently, so maybe that will be within my vocal range. Hard to say at this point.

dennisg

Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:03 pm

jayswett wrote:
Thanks again to all for the feedback. I agree that my updated version is too fast. It's amazing how I'll make a concerted effort to start off slowly, but mid-way through the song, I'm back to my old tricks of playing too quickly. It detracts from the song, no question, so I will continue working on that. As for my gear, I have managed to get a reasonably good sound with a fairly rudimentary setup. My Alvarez acoustic/electric is plugged directly into the "line in" port of my computer. I record the audio with audacity, and the video with my webcam. The two are combined using windows moviemaker. Using audacity, I can make a separate "vocal" track, but I've only done that once and haven't yet found another song to try that again. I'm working on Streets of London currently, so maybe that will be within my vocal range. Hard to say at this point.
Whatever you're doing, it sounds great.

mark

Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:42 am

Excellent.
Really got it nailed now.
Even the solo was spot on

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic