Freight Train- Suziko

suziko

Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:51 pm

Rick- Thanks for your kind words. I don't know if I'm a natural. I do know that I put a lot of time into practicing! Luckily, it's practicing that I enjoy.

Jay- Thanks, can't wait to see what it is!

reiver

Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:11 pm

Well, looks like I got here a bit late. That's coming along just fine, good steady tempo and really nice picking. Not sure if harmonica is the answer, sounds more like a kazoo type of song. And I think they all come in the same key.......... ;)

r

BobR

Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:14 pm

Suzi,

Very very nicely done. I didn't remember what the song was from the title, but as soon as you started I knew it right away. Your left hand shows real good position, and you seemed rather comfortable with the finger picking

Great job

Bob

neverfoundthetime

Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:16 pm

Suzi, I've been watching the video posts for a while now and I reckon that 206 views in 3 hrs 42 mins is pretty much a record! Folks like this video, you're a hit!

michelew

Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:17 pm

Maybe a mouth harp.

Emma on the kazoo - I can see it now - I bet she'd love that. We might not be able to hear you playing Suzi - but I bet that would be a sure-fire way of getting Emma to accompany you.

And I'm the same with fingerpicking. I know I need to vary things more, but fingerpicking has a lot of gravity for me.

Chasplaya

Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:31 pm

neverfoundthetime wrote:
Suzi, I've been watching the video posts for a while now and I reckon that 206 views in 3 hrs 42 mins is pretty much a record! Folks like this video, you're a hit!
Suzi will go Platinum pretty soon , and deservedly so!!

suziko

Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:18 pm

Chas, Chris, let's not overreact! My responses to y'all probably account for half of the hits on this thread! ;)

BobR- I'm gettting more comfortable with fingerpicking, but it's still a challenge. And sometimes my fingers unexpectedly spazz out and forget what they're supposed to be doing. There are many other takes of that type of thing happening!

Michele and Reiver- Harmonica, kazoo, mouth harp...... so many options! I think the perfect accompanying instrument might actually be a comb wrapped in wax paper. Stay tuned for my updated version!

michelew

Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:22 pm

Cant't wait.....but I guess I'll have to.

Lavallee

Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:09 pm

Suzi, you are obviously working hard because you are improving each time you present a new video. This one is even more interesting because you said not too long ago that you were going to learn it and in a very short time you post it with a very nice result

Congratulation

Marc

nemastetaylor

Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:48 am

Cool song. It's coming along nicely. I have never heard of it before. Thanks for including the original video. A beautiful sound, yet sad verses. I suppose a reflection of her life times, eh.

Nemaste :)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic