Freight Train- Suziko

dennisg

Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:57 pm

Music Junkie wrote:
neverfoundthetime wrote:
Holly Cow MJ! There's a song you DON'T know!! And it's Freight Train: How bizarre is that! :-) That is so funny.

I'm using the same camera but uploading with a lower resolution (because it tells me too!) but next time I'll upload the full Monty as Suzi's quality is much better. Great camera!
The folks on this site have been great in broadening my musical tastes. Many by their own renditions, which are wonderful! It is absolutely amazing how much music is out there, and how much more is waiting to be made......

I am liking the results from both you and Suzi with the Kodak camera. I am feeling a purchase coming on......maybe I can justify it if it is not actually a "Guitar", and can be used for other things as well......

MJ
Here's a third vote for that camera. I filmed my Junk video with it. Couldn't be happier with it.

tovo

Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:03 pm

dennisg wrote:
Music Junkie wrote:
neverfoundthetime wrote:
Holly Cow MJ! There's a song you DON'T know!! And it's Freight Train: How bizarre is that! :-) That is so funny.

I'm using the same camera but uploading with a lower resolution (because it tells me too!) but next time I'll upload the full Monty as Suzi's quality is much better. Great camera!
The folks on this site have been great in broadening my musical tastes. Many by their own renditions, which are wonderful! It is absolutely amazing how much music is out there, and how much more is waiting to be made......

I am liking the results from both you and Suzi with the Kodak camera. I am feeling a purchase coming on......maybe I can justify it if it is not actually a "Guitar", and can be used for other things as well......

MJ
Here's a third vote for that camera. I filmed my Junk video with it. Couldn't be happier with it.
And a 4th! I haven't been at all happy with the picture quality of my videos so I have purchased the Zi8 after seeing Chris, Dennis and now Suzi's high quality uploads. Just waiting for the bad boy to arrive in the post.

suziko

Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:10 pm

Tony, I don't think you'll be disappointed. And I've got some extra foam rubber if you don't feel like buying a tripod ;)

Another nice thing about the Zi8 is that you can hook up an external mic to it. This video was recorded just with the internal mic, which is pretty good, really, but I am planning to get an external mic at some point since I figure it could only improve the sound quality of my videos.

haoli25

Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:12 pm

....still humming "Freight Train"......... Image

neverfoundthetime

Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:14 pm

......maybe I can justify it if it is not actually a "Guitar", and can be used for other things as well......
... MJ, I'm sure one of the boys has a birthday coming up soon..... I'm using Ale's Christmas present!! ;-) She does love it too!!

And Suzi: Foam rubber! Geez, get a tripod! ;-)

suziko

Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:24 pm

neverfoundthetime wrote:

And Suzi: Foam rubber! Geez, get a tripod!

Hell no!! I'm PROUD of my cheap-skate ingenuity!

jayswett

Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:25 pm

Great song, and well done. My favorite part of your rendition is the second base run, which I wasn't expecting. It really adds to the song, I think. Your fingerpicking skills are coming along VERY nicely. I'm curious how often you play with a pick. Are you preferentially a fingerpicker at this point?

suziko

Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:37 pm

Jay,

I've been trying to vary my practice time between finger picking (working on this song, Dear Prudence and Guaranteed (thanks to you!)), songs that use a pick to pick individual strings (eg. Wot's...Uh the Deal), and strumming songs. But I'm finding that I'm liking strumming less and less, though I feel like it's something I cannot completely abandon. If I go on a camping trip I can't really ask everyone to sit around listening to me fingerpicking. But I love fingerpicking and find that's what I enjoy practicing the most these days.

RicksPick

Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:39 pm

Suzi

I am stunned with your progress
You must be a natural guitarist
Picking up these tunes so quickly

RicksPick

jayswett

Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:40 pm

Yeah. I agree completely with that. It's definitely useful to have at least some strumming or flatpicking skills, but fingerpicking sure is fun. I'm going to send you a link to something I think you'll like, given your last video.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic