Freight Train- Suziko

neverfoundthetime

Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:26 am

Chas, Chris, let's not overreact! My responses to y'all probably account for half of the hits on this thread!
Nope Suzi, you are too modest. If YOU click your thread it does not rack the numbers up, but if WE do, it does, so it's real interest (test it). People really enjoy your progress. You must be vying for STUDENT OF THE MONTH with Dennis by now! :-)

Catman

Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:42 am

Hey Suzi,

I'm late to this thread, so everything I wanted to say has already been said. I didn't know this song before, thanks for introducing me to it.

David

suziko

Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:32 am

Marc,

Merci beaucoups. Comme toujours, j'apprecie tes mots gentils. J'aimerais beacoups jouer ce chanson aussi bien que tu joues tous tes chansons, mais..... peut-etre apres encore quelques ans! Suzi

suziko

Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:37 am

Nemaste- I agree, the lyrics are very melancholy, which is part of the appeal for me. it's a timeless song, in my opinion.

Chris- Well, next time I really will try missing my chair, just to give people something worth watching ;)

David- thanks, and I'm glad you enjoyed this song. I'm also glad I was able to introduce it to a few people.

johnrfeeney

Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:07 am

really good - bravo

suziko

Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:24 am

Thanks, John! I'm glad you enjoyed. Suzi

AcousticAl

Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:28 pm

Suzi, I really enjoyed that. Your uploads are always some of the most watched on here. You're getting to that F barre a lot faster now, and your fingers seem to be growing from video to video!

Well done, mon amie.

d_dog

Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:41 pm

Fantastic Suziko! I am SO glad you posted this. I would love to learn some travis picking. I haven't searched though the whole TARGET site yet, but I haven't come across anything like this. I hope Neil can add a few like this. Bravo! Would you mind sharing the TAB that you worked from?

suziko

Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:41 am

Al- Well, Michele and Nemaste lent me that marvelous finger-stretching machine...... Thanks for your comment. I had to post something good for you to come back to :)

d_dog- I kloodged together some TAB that I had in an "Acoustic Guitar for Dummies" book that I bought when I first started playing, along with something I found on the internet. I'll find the link for the internet TAB and PM you. Given your mad guitar skills, I'm sure you'll have no problem adapting it!

I agree, Travis picking is cool. If you'd like to see some Target lessons that focus on that style, check out the vids for Dust in the Wind, Landslide or Dear Prudence.

dekotaj

Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:30 am

Hey Suz,Once again great song.The tab I got for this song did not have the chords above the tab.So Ive been watching yours,and using that chord progression.If you would not mind could you send them to me also.

Thanks Kevin

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic