Cotton Jenny / Gordon Lightfoot by neverfoundthetime

AndyT

Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:27 pm

Chris, You're little talk bubbles made me think it was a study in still life.

Nicely done. The only thing I would add is, Do you own a metronome? You seem to get happier and faster at the same time.

reiver

Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:30 pm

Wow - busy night.

Another fine job Chris. You hit some notes in there that I can only dream about.........yes, I do have some strange dreams.

Keep 'em comin', pardner.

r

michelew

Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:12 pm

neverfoundthetime wrote:
Thanks Michele! If you check out Summer Wine again you'll see that we improved on the tasteful fruit bowl with a bouquet of flowers... wow! you never realised that we had a set designer on the job too, eh?
I saw that treat the first time. I think I need you and Ale to come over and spruce up my recording set. What can you do with stairwells?

Lavallee

Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:16 pm

Hi Chris, very nice song that you do justice to. Have you ever sing in cafes, even just for fun?

Love your strap eh!

Marc

neverfoundthetime

Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:11 am

Kevin: You need to PM AL when he returns from sunning his buns in the Caribbean, he's our professional camera man and will have all the answers.

Bob: Many thanks... go for it, it's a great sing along!

Marc: Many thanks, nice Canadian comment from a Canadian on a Canadian song! Yeah I love that strap... a Christmas present 3 years ago. I have sung with a mate's band and with a couple of my guitar friends in Robinson Clubs over the years, earning my Mediterranean holidays. New is having to carry the guitar playing on my own.

Michele: Stair wells are more difficult! How about with the chorus line standing step for step and backing your song with angelic singing? :-)

Reiver: Thanks pal.... just work on those dreams and it'll come! ;-)

Andy: Never used a Nome yet, yeah I know, I should!! AT least by doing these videos I can really see that I could slow down lots and I am but it could well mean I need to sit down with the Nome next.

willem

Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:49 pm

Chris, what is this
a other of your hits
i enjoy it very much
your guitar,your singing
your painting on the wall
wish we had it all
well you earn this
take some fruit and don't fall 'cos
we looking forward to a other one

Well done................... ;)

YEEHAY

BigBear

Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:48 pm

Another beautiful Gordon Lightfoot song sung and played equally beautifully by my English-Swiss friend! What can I say? Very enjoyable! Sehr gut getan! :cheer:

michelew

Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:25 pm

neverfoundthetime wrote:
Michele: Stair wells are more difficult! How about with the chorus line standing step for step and backing your song with angelic singing? :-).
I like it!! So when should I expect you? I'm working on one at the moment where angelic singing would come in really handy. My screeching sort of changes the mood of the song.

neverfoundthetime

Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:24 pm

Thanks Rick my friend, reviews are not complete without your comments!

Thanks Willem.... hey you're getting all poetical on me! Cool stuff!

Michele...... screeching can make you rich and famous: AC/DC! ;-)

AndyT

Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:30 pm

I just spent at least an hour watching America's Got Talent and American Idol clips on YouTube. I was looking for one in particular where this girl says shes going to sing and this banshee screech comes from her.

The point is Michelle, there's no way you could do worse than that, so go for it!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic