Cotton Jenny / Gordon Lightfoot by neverfoundthetime

tovo

Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:39 pm

Was it a 'Yeehaw' or a 'Yeeha'? Either way it was a grand ending.

Good job again Chris. You've stated before that you play in order to sing and you certainly sing really well.

....and as I read back what I just wrote it could be mistaken for a sly dig at your playing. That's not the intention. I just know from our chats that your singing is your focus.

neverfoundthetime

Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:44 pm

Thanks Michele! If you check out Summer Wine again you'll see that we improved on the tasteful fruit bowl with a bouquet of flowers... wow! you never realised that we had a set designer on the job too, eh?
My playing was smooth because I'm not using any of Neil's recommended fingerings or a pick! It's not that I'm rebelling, it's just I find if I can play a song the way I am used to and it's o.k. like that, why change? On other songs I'm building in "correct" fingering of chords and better left hand position but I still don't have a song where everything is new.

Thanks Tony, you are kosher with me! I will eventually do a song with more sophisticated plying in it ala Mark and Jay and Dakotaj... but it will be a while! And that was a Yeehaaa! Definitely!

suziko

Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:51 pm

I forgot to mention your little sound-bite bubbles. I loved them all! And the Canadian guitar strap was Klassy!

jayswett

Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:33 pm

Good God, man. You sure can sing, and you make it look easy playing that 10 string. Well done.

neverfoundthetime

Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:38 pm

Thank you Jay! I love my 10 string! Now... if I could just play like you....!

RicksPick

Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:45 pm

Chris

You never fail to impress me
Tried to sing myself
That lasted one verse :(

RicksPick

dekotaj

Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:58 pm

Chris Great song,Another One of Mr. Lightfoots great tunes.And For Mrs. Ale yeehaw,(PRICELESS)And not to worry if she dont land a job as a singer,Make one heck of a camera person.Loved the song the voice the little balloon things.How in the heck do you guys make the videos come out so clear.Just something else for me to work on.

Kevin

neverfoundthetime

Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:09 pm

Many thanks Rick! Praise indeed!

Kevin: Thank you man! The video secret is using the new Kodak Zi8 which is a HD camera like a flipcam and really easy to use and upload from and low price, really recommend it!

dekotaj

Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:19 pm

Thank Chris,I think i might just have to get me one.But you said HD.And when i bought a web cam i bought and HD.But It dont seam to help my videos.Any suggestion

BobR

Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:25 pm

Chris,

That was really good. Unfortunately the video for me kept stopping and starting just when I was getting in to it. As usual the singing was great. I'm having family over this weekend, maybe I'll give it a go, Just the guitar part, I need to leave the singing to my son-in-law for now. Maybe someday ...

Thanks for posting it.

Bob

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic