A litllebit ''heart of gold''- Willem

willem

Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:19 am

hello all,, i upload a litllebit ''heart of gold'' for comments.

I played the intro--harmonica part(without the sound,only guitar),intro and one verse..

I do love all your nice comments so that i can do better...

dennisg

Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:32 am

Very good job, Willem ... extremely clean fingering with solid chords and good strumming.

suziko

Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:50 am

Great to see what you've done, Willem!! I can't wait to see what Nick is able to put together. Though I think you've violated the "bright clothes" rule ;)

neverfoundthetime

Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:11 am

Hi Willem... nice strumming! Good work on this. Can I suggest you check out the hammer ons at the Em, not quite right. Very important to get that right as its key part of the song. If you listen to Neil's or Wandoctor's version you will hear it. Neil explains it nicely in the lesson. Looking forward to the harmonica riff!

MarkM

Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:12 am

Willem,

Well done. Very crisp and clean in your strumming. I still haven't gotten mine done yet as I'm in a different tuning at the moment. Hopefully I can do as well as you.

MarkM

dekotaj

Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:13 am

Bravo!!Willem,One of favorite Neil Young songs.And you did it Great.It feels nice when you get them down.Good job,Cant wait for your next one.

Kevin

sws626

Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:57 am

Hi Willem,

You've nailed the Em C D G sections down solid. I was really feeling the groove there. As Chris has mentioned, above, there's something not quite right about the timing in the latter section of the verse. I'm afraid I can't say quite what it should be and Neil's video of this song isn't coming up properly; but perhaps there are other examples you could find. The rhythm on the rest is great, however, and I can't wait to see it all come together.

Stuart

BobR

Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:17 pm

Hi Willem,

Real nice job. Nice bass strum and clean chords. One thing I notice is when you go from the D to the Em there seems to be a couple strums missing or something. It still sounds really good though. I can't wait to see everyone doing the "long distance collaboration" on this great tune.

Bob

haoli25

Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:43 pm

Hello Willem. Great tune and I look foward to your contribution in the "Full MOnty" with the other TG players. I think this version was good except for the hammer-ons that were already mentioned. Thank you for posting your video.

Bill Image

BigBear

Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:09 pm

Willem- well done!! A really fun song to play.

If I may suggest, work on your timing on the intro. The downstrokes are critical to this song. The upstrokes are almost silent at times.

In the Intro after you play the D chord you go back to the Em for just one downstroke and then play the little vamp or riff. And then play the whole Em7-D-Em again. Remember that Neil Young's song are pretty simple musically but they rely heavily on timing for their impact. You can't just play the chords and sound like Neil!

Your chord work in the verses sounds good and you have the timing pretty close. You are really close to having this song mastered!

Keep up the good work and thanks for sharing! :cheer:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic