A litllebit ''heart of gold''- Willem

Yamaha48

Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:14 pm

Hello Willem.

Thanks fore posting this tune,Heart of gold.
Good strumming willem,hold the strings in tune
my friend.
Greet Anton

willem

Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:48 pm

Thanks everybody for the nice respons and good sugests and advice,, i know now for sure the intro is not good--i mist a downstroke has i count on the vid... i believe i did it 1X good after the harmonica part the second time,,, i need to do one explain on the end of the verse(keep me searchin for heart of go-o-old) i go Em 2x..then G,,on that G i tryed a bass run G-A-B-C then C and a bassrun back C-B-A-G,,the first time i did wrong,,but the second time was i think good,, or is it better to strum there the chords???? and do one bassrun back C-B-A-G??
Again my thanks to you all!!!

willem

Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:51 pm

willem wrote:
Thanks everybody for the nice respons and good sugests and advice,, i know now for sure the intro is not good--i mist a downstroke has i count on the vid... i believe i did it 1X good after the harmonica part the second time,,, i need to do one explain on the end of the verse(keep me searchin for heart of go-o-old) i go Em 2x..then G,,on that G i tryed a bass run G-A-B-C then C and a bassrun back C-B-A-G,,the first time i did wrong,,but the second time was i think good,, or is it better to strum there the chords???? and do one bassrun back C-B-A-G??
Again my thanks to you all!!!
ps I did not put this up for the collaboration,,,i only tryed!!! tryed!!the harmonica,,,this was for the student/review...

jayswett

Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:19 pm

Very nice. The only issue that I could see was a timing issue with some of the strumming and the Em hammer-on. This is one of those songs that I need to go back and review. It's such a classic, and I think all acoustic guitarists need to learn this song. I enjoyed your version.

willem

Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:58 pm

Thanks Jay,, yeah the intro is akind of mess, i believe mised a down,
i must work on the timing there and on the end..
When i played it under friends they can sing along,,and this one was much better then i did,, i think...we see next time..Thanks

tovo

Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:35 pm

Hey Willem, I think Bear's advice about the down strokes needing to be dominant is spot on. I think he always provides really good advice and that's another example. Thanks for your harmonica contribution as well. Good on you for posting mate.

michelew

Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:41 pm

Willem - It's sounding really nice. You've picked up the timing thing already - once you get that you'll have nailed it. Nice clean, clear sound too. Thanks. Michele

Chasplaya

Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:02 pm

Willem its coming along nicely, IMHO the first 8 beats in the original are palm muted Em7 slowly rising in volume to a crescendo, then three beats of D before going to the Em for 3 beats then the hammer on on the 2 fret A string then 2nd fret on D string then open D string. Your strumming of the verses is really good, keep at it mate.

regards

chas

AndyT

Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:06 pm

Willem,

I think your timing is a bit off. When you go from the Em to D and then the riff, you are running them to close to each other. They should have a pause there. A missing half beat. Yours is all jumbled together and you lose definition of the riff. The rest sounds good.

Chasplaya

Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:27 pm

AndyT wrote:
Willem,

I think your timing is a bit off. When you go from the Em to D and then the riff, you are running them to close to each other. They should have a pause there. A missing half beat. Yours is all jumbled together and you lose definition of the riff. The rest sounds good.
All due respect Andy but I think your wrong, it goes from Em7 to D then to Em then the riff no pause. What may cause confusion is that in the original Neil plays partial chords and softer up strokes in places.

Neil H jump in anytime lol!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic