Hey Joe - Updated-RicksPick

jayswett

Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:45 am

Loved the base melody notes. Nice improvement from the first vid. Just need to hear you singing it for your next update.

MarkM

Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:17 am

Rick,

The song is really coming along nicely. Much improvement from the first one. Can't add anything that the others all ready have. Looking forward to the next installment.

MarkM

AcousticAl

Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:14 am

Just saw the updated vid, Rick.
Much improved! Like the base runs and when you play up the neck.

I'd echo what Mark said about strumming though. Try not to stop your right hand- even when you're not hitting strings.

suziko

Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:19 am

Rick, I missed this on the first go-round, but finally caught up with it this time. Nice job and good improvement. I really love the bass runs in it. Adds a lot of flavor to a relatively simple song. Suzi

Chasplaya

Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:08 pm

Hi Mate big improvement and its instantly recogniseable now. In addition to some of the feedback I would now suggest trying the embellishments the greater emphasis on the Hammer ons on the E and the slides in the open position. Maybe even the slide intro...

Good on ya mate

RicksPick

Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:54 pm

Thanks for all the responses and advice guys and gals
It's nice so many people want to help.

Thanks Bob,Anton,Willem, Dan, MarkM, Al and Suzi got that fake/air stroke in my practice now, whilst not trying to change the sound too much.
I will post an update, without singing.

Sorry Jay no singing for some time (Its bad, real bad) that may change if I grow some and enter the comp.lol.

Thanks Chas, good idea, lol, some nice chap has sent me a gp5 file for exactly the same.

Thanks to everyone for the help, advice and encouragement, lots to work on, lots of homework.

Thanks

RicksPick

neverfoundthetime

Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:40 pm

Missed the NEW IMPROVED WASHES WHITER THAN WHITE update Rick. Well done, solid work and you can really hear the difference. Pizza to you!

jayswett

Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:17 pm

You've probably figured the intro out already, but if not, you might find this useful. I was playing around with moviemaker and needed a short video to make, so here it is. Ignore the non-TG approved G and A chords.

AcousticAl

Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:55 pm

jayswett wrote:
You've probably figured the intro out already, but if not, you might find this useful. I was playing around with moviemaker and needed a short video to make, so here it is. Ignore the non-TG approved G and A chords.

Thanks for that, Jay! Sounded sweet and I'm gonna learn it from your mini-post here.

RicksPick

Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:22 am

Jay

Thanks this will definably help
Sounds cool
with this and the gp5 from Chas, my practice is set
Watched it 4 times already this morn.
thanks

RicksPick

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic