Yamaha48

Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:42 pm

Hello Rick.

Thanks fore sharing your video.
Its a nice tune,and you do a good job.

greet Anton

AcousticAl

Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:47 am

My first question is why hasn't HEY JOE commented yet?!

Good to see you're still pickin' Rick.

jayswett

Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:28 am

Nice job on this. I have three thoughts.
1) try to learn the intro that Chas' video demonstrates well. It will identify the song immediately to anyone who is listening. It's not very difficult. Certainly less difficult than what you just demonstrated in your video.

2) There is another part of the song in which Hendrix walks up the base, and also is very characteristic of this song. Worth learning, I think, in order to put this song together completely.

3) This was touched upon by others, but the E hammer-ons were difficult to discern in your video. This is another feature about this song that makes it readily identifiable.

d_dog

Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:57 pm

Hey Jayswett, could you post Chas's version of Hey Joe, with the intro part, I can't find it...

RicksPick

Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:33 pm

Hi Guys

All good idea's
Especially as I already have the walking base with riff and the E hammers in the toolbox
Just need that intro
Hammers were hidden by the poor strumming technique
Thought of doing pic in pic with base walk, but decided it was to much at the time, next up will have a bit, just need the time as working next 3 days so come the weekend, come the upload,

Thanks everyone for the kind words and encouragement
Strumming more focused now and guess what
BIG improvement.

RicksPick

jayswett

Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:10 pm

d_dog wrote:
Hey Jayswett, could you post Chas's version of Hey Joe, with the intro part, I can't find it...
I should have been more clear. I meant the video to which Chas linked earlier in this thread. This video demonstrates the intro well.

michelew

Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:29 pm

Good job Rick - cool changes and energy. Once you've incorporated Bear's advice it will be fabulous. Come back and post when you have. It would be cool to see your progress. Michele

RicksPick

Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:21 pm

Well Here is a few things I have been trying after the advice and encouragement Thanks

Well please tell me how it is going or whats not going guys n gals
C'mon Bear I know your not shy, :P

There are a couple of flubs and I was sat for a change so not in best position for my left hand but this was more about strumming,angle of attack.

Here goes:

Thanks all

RicksPick

mark

Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:02 pm

Hey Rick

Great improvement. It's now instantly recognisable as Hey Joe.

Just one thing. Sometimes when you leave a gap between the strums you don't keep your right hand moving. It's still in time but it will be more natural if you keep the hand moving and do an air stroke.

You also then have the option to vary the strums and play on those beats as well.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic