Hey Joe - Updated-RicksPick

izzyhara

Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:13 pm

Here are my thoughts. From what I could hear, it was heavy on the bass. That's not bad but then when you move up the neck, it washes out a little because the bass is all of a sudden gone. So as I tell you to watch for a more even tone, I realize that this is exactly what I am doing wrong in a strumming song I am playing. I'd agree with the other comments that now that you have the song and the movement down cold, it's time to enhance it. Good job and thanks so much for sharing. Like I said, listening to you made me realize an issue I am having. So we really do help each other a lot with these videos.
BTW I am actually commenting on your first vid - I just saw an updated one. Forgive me as I still wander around lost in this forum. Hope it helps anyway....

RicksPick

Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:24 pm

Thanks Mark and Izzy

Will be adding all your advice to my practice
Lots to work on here

Thanks again

RicksPick

Lavallee

Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:30 pm

Hi Rick , the strumming has definitely improved and the rhythm and the hammer on of the song are coming out nicely. You migth want to review the angle of strumming being too parallel to the strings instead of perpendicular

great work

Marc

RicksPick

Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:42 pm

Marc

That's on the list, next
moving my elbow as you advised
Think I need to adjust my strap and stand up again
Iv'e not forgot your sage advice, just got so much to work on, lol
But that is a good thing.
Guess I'll end up with lots of updates
Hopefully end up with a good strum technique
I will be a sum of all your parts

Thanks

RicksPick

Lavallee

Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:19 pm

Actually I was noticing your guitar position being far right and was wondering if holding the body of ther guitar a bit more to the left would not help. Just a thought.

Updates are fun as you can compare where you were then and where you are now and you can confirm the improvement.

Marc

RicksPick

Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:33 pm

Yes i see what you mean
Sat in a chair not good for me
to restrictive gives me to many problems
Guess won't do that again, lol
Thanks

RicksPick

BobR

Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:36 pm

Hi Rick

I hear you've incorporated most of the comments from the first video. It sounds good to me.
Thanks for the updated video

bob

Yamaha48

Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:58 am

Hello Rick.

What i see in youur video,on the count of 2 you do upstroke.
I do not a stroke on 2,(fake stroke) 3 down stroke,4down up stroke.
upstroke changing the chord.
Thank fore your video Rick,i like it.

greet Anton

willem

Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:05 am

Hey Rick,,hey that was a whole improvement,,nice riffs on the E...

can i suggest that when you strum,, keep the hand moving not still.. i think i know the problem,, ''when you think on that moment of air or fake strum you holding your hand still,, you must keep moving,,,but its also mentiond in the other supports,,,

wrench

Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:27 am

RicksPick,

Wow! What difference a week makes. You are whipping this song into a VERY nice piece real soon.

Add my vote for constant rhythm in the right hand. I invite you to experiment with constant hand motion and changing the pattern with which you make contact with strings, and you may be surprised how many different voices you can give a song with the same constant strum.

Improve your strum on Hey Joe, but don't change its sound though. It is REAL close to REAL good. In my opinion, anyway.

Great work, and thanks for posting the follow up. You are making excellent progress.

Dan

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic