Sister Golden Hair - Need some feedback

prawnpig

Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:58 pm

I think for one day practice that was very good, nice job on the singing look forward to seeing more

beaker

Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:02 pm

D Dog, Hey nice job on the song. I didn't think I knew that one, then when you played it I recognized it straight away. Your singing is excellent. Confident. The song came out very well, just wait till you learn those extra riffs you are talking about. The only suggestion would be regarding the way you hold the pick. It looks like it is almost in a closed fist position, try experimenting with releasing your middle, ring finger & pinky. More of an open hand position, but still holding the pick between your thumb and index finger. I find it makes my strumming more free. Just something to try. Take it easy, Beaker.

RicksPick

Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:08 pm

Wow

That was sooo good
I want to be that good 1 day
Another star on here

RicksPick

lmc831

Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:10 pm

Hi Dog...u have a nice voice. Love that song too. Strumming sounded really good.

Lisa

neverfoundthetime

Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:14 pm

Also don't be overly concerned about the the gent with alzheimers who tends to forget things and repeat himself
Trick of the light Chas... was only 1 post but they seem to have a sale on today Post one, get one free.

Dog, you will get used to this silliness... eventually!

d_dog

Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:40 pm

Very interesting note about my pick hand, until I started recording myself I never noticed that before, It doesn't feel stiff but you might be right, let me work on that. I think that might come from my electric guitar playing where I need some finer control over my picking. Thanks for the tip, now the fun of un-learning muscle memory. :)

dennisg

Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:12 pm

Yay! Another singer. Great to have you here, Dog, and an excellent first effort.

I want to second the comment about your airborne upstrokes -- especially between beats 3 and 4 of each measure you need to hit strings. So it sounds like 1, 2, 3and4

wrench

Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:39 pm

Wow Dog. Way to smash in the front door and scream "I am Here!". Nice job, great voice, and welcome to TG. Great song selection, too.

Forget the tips and critique until tomorrow. Just celebrate your first video on TG.

wrench

tovo

Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:45 pm

Really good job mate. Love that tune and really enjoyed listening. Well done and kudos for posting so quickly.

BigBear

Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:13 pm

Dog- Some guys like to start with a bang!! Super job! Your playing was steady and accurate, good hand position. Best of all you have a great voice! Almost sounded like Dewey!

Now that I've told you how great you are, welcome to the program! Could I ask you to go over to the Please Introduce Yourself and tell us about you? Where you live, how old you are, your musical interests, what you hope to accomplish from this program? That kind of stuff. We all really enjoy getting to know each other!

Thanks for sharing the great video and I hope you enjoy you experience with TARGET.

Cheers! :cheer:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic