Sister Golden Hair - Need some feedback

d_dog

Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:19 pm

I've been playing this for just about 1 day now and before I start practicing too hard, I'd like to get some pointers and feedback so I don't create any hard to change bad habits. Singing and playing at the same time makes is so much more difficult but I tend to choose songs that I can sing and play, that's just more fun for me. Thanks Neil for everything. BTW, does someone want to post a video reply of how to play the second guitar parts for this song? The licks and riffs that go along with the strumming.

neverfoundthetime

Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:25 pm

Really great job on that Dog! Welcome to the posters club and welcome to TG. Quite a first time post! Really impressed with the singing job - you've got the voice and feel for this song. Adding a metronome and keeping time with it and work a little more to get this really smooth and you will have aced it. Great to have another singer / strummer on board!
Chris

MarkM

Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:27 pm

D_dog,

One day!?!?! One Day....... Wow. Nice. Really nice. Loved the song. I've never tried to play it so I don't know about any bad habbits you may or may not be forming. Apart from a tiny amount of timing on some of the changes it sounded great. That will just come with confidence. Well done man..... I'm jealous. Nice voice as well. Another couple of days and you can do this on open mike night. Really enjoyed this video. Thanks for sharing.

MarkM

haoli25

Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:35 pm

Hello D_Dog. Very impressive with only one days practice, I think you did a very good job. I have two suggestions for you. In your strumming, don't forget about the 'UPS'. They add a lot of 'body' to the song. Your rhythm slows down in a couple of places, try practicing with a metronome. It is difficult at first, but you will get it in no time. An excellent effort, I hope you will post a followup video. Thank you for posting your video.

Bill Image

AndyT

Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:47 pm

I kept waiting for the camera to cut to all the screaming dancing women. And tell the stage manager to fix the lights!

What a great job Dog. Add a drum track, work your timing, work on the barres and get the lyrics down solidly and you can replace Dewey on that song.

Chasplaya

Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:50 pm

Its been said ...One Day!! Well done mate, nice voice also, about time Chris had some competition.

Good on ya mate!

Now if you haven't already shoot over to the Please Introduce Yourself Here thread and tell us about yourself, music likes/dislikes, guitar(s) you own, where you reside, how much money you have jk lol

Chas

neverfoundthetime

....er, and don't worry if a big bad Bear trundles up to you any time soon to get you to go over to the introduce yourself thread.... it's a his custom!

Moondog

Dog that was great, and only 1 day!
Impressive

Mike

neverfoundthetime

....er, and don't worry if a big bad Bear trundles up to you any time soon to get you to go over to the introduce yourself thread.... it's a his custom!

Chasplaya

Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:52 pm

neverfoundthetime wrote:
Also don't be overly concerned about the the gent with alzheimers who tends to forget things and repeat himself

Also don't be overly concerned about the the gent with alzheimers who tends to forget things and repeat himself

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic