Gorden lightfoot steel rail blues

cosmicmechanic

Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:18 pm

I like it a lot too ... good toe-tapping tune, your voice suits the style very well.

Pierre

dekotaj

Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:47 pm

Hey Everyone.Thank everyone for the nice comments,But no one would make a serious video and leave it like that(you would just redo it).So thank you all,But its was to be funny,It was the first take and i messed it up so bad with the OOPHS in it,But thought i would post it as a fun piece.

Thank you all again for watching and being so kind and helpful with my techecal challenged person.

Kevin

goldleaf

Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:00 pm

Kevin, I sang for the first time on our Collaboration of Heart of Gold, so if I can do it so can you. Your voice is just fine and will get better the more you sing. You hit the notes, that' what counts, you can style the key you sing in to your own voice PLUS you can really pick those GL tunes. Hey if any of your friends or coworkers say anything, ask them to show you how it goes so you can do it better. Bet they can't play a lick. Like Matt made very clear, almost too clear, he dosen't care what anybody thinks of him and he is not going to let the thought of what someone might think of him stop him from doing something. You sing and play better than 99% of the general public. Go for it. Gary

BobR

Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:11 pm

Kevin,

If I could finger pick and sing that well I definitly leave it up on YT, heck I might even tell people where to find it. Even when you OOPSed you didn't miss a beat just kept going

Great Job

Bob

michelew

Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:19 pm

Kevin that was great! Your playing looked smooth and effortless. Your singing was a real treat. It really suits the stuff you play, I'd like to hear a lot more of it. I really like the tone and accent of your voice. And I loved the oops - they made me smile and you just kept playing anyway.

BTW - where is your guitar face??

Please don't take it down - just go with it, your work mates will be dead jealous if they do see it.

Michele

RicksPick

Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:19 pm

Kevin

If I could play and sing like that
I would be cutting disks to give to everybody

My vote is to leave it up

RicksPick

MarkM

Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:47 pm

Kevin,

Real, real nice. Take it down.. Leave it up.. Whatever you want is good. I like it and wish I could sing and play like that but....... I'm just a strummer who can't find his voice outside of the secure confines of his car.....

Thanks for sharing.

MarkM

Catman

Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:33 am

What? You're saying that the "oops"-es aren't part of the song? :)

Both singing and playing sounded great!

AndyT

Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:36 am

Like everyone said already, leave it up. It was great. Who cares about the flubs. Nobody but you. I make mistakes all the time while playing with my friends but we just keep on going to the end. You kept it going without missing a beat. Very well done.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic