Neil Young's The Loner/Cinnamon Girl V.2/Final - MarkM

MarkM

Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:24 pm

Spent some time today cleaning up my last effort and decided to give this one more go before my strings get destroyed and I forget what the heck a normal G chord looks like. I'm pretty happy with this. I was in the moment and got lost once but other than that I hope it comes out ok. I really have to thank Neil and the TG staff because without this place I would have never have had the confidence to do these songs. I've been a HUGE fan of NY and these songs for a very long time but never considered playing them. So thank you TG. Also I certainly can't forget the other folks who posted these songs as well. It was great inspiration and allowed me to pick up on some things that I wanted to incorporate into my version.

Now I can restring and get back to standard tuning for a while. I hope I can find my way back to some of the other songs I was doing. I've been in Double Drop D for a week now............ :woohoo:

As always I look forward to your suggestions and comments.

MarkM

RicksPick

Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:38 pm

Enjoyed it all Mark

Even the open fire nice touch
Gave it a very polished feel
Just right for that well preformed piece

No advice from me, just well done.

RicksPick

haoli25

Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:42 pm

Excellent Mark! Bravo! I really enjoyed listening to this fine performance. You should be very proud. Thank you for posting your video.

Bill Image

wrench

Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:10 pm

Once you play NY in Double Drop D, why would you even want to go back?

I really like the redux. Now I want to go work on Cinnamon Girl. Damn, I just restrung. Well, soon I'll work on Cinnamon Girl, and before I do, I'll watch this video a few times.

Good job. Pizza points for you.

wrench

BobR

Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:44 pm

Mark

So that's how you spend the winter in NH? Double Dropped D by the fire. Very nicely done :woohoo: . I enjoyed this version very much.

Bob

MarkM

Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:05 pm

Thanks All!!

Rick - Thanks. Much appreciated.

Bill - Thank you. always like seeing those clapping hands!!

Wrench - No kidding. I retuned and it all sounded so strange. Yeah Cinnamon Girls was a fun song to learn. I'm glad I can play a version of it that at least people would recognize the song.

Bob - That's what we do in NH on a winters day when your team is out of the playoffs (can't belive I just said that) and I'm recording the other games. Besides my wife went out shopping and the girls were watching a movie upstairs. I wanted to record out of my office and that was my chance.

MarkM

pbraun

Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:44 pm

Very good I enjoyed every bit of it, now I am going to try this!
Wow!
Pete

tovo

Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:07 pm

Great stuff Mark. I particularly enjoyed Cinnamon Girl, but it was all really good. Great setting as well...almost makes me wish I was there instead of enjoying our summer....almost. ;)

I really enjoy your contributions, please keep them coming.

dekotaj

Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:12 pm

WoW!!Mark what a great song.Cant help but love those Neil Young songs working on a couple of them myself.Hope they come out that good.thanks for posting.

Kevin

millponddave

Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:39 pm

WOW, Great job Makes me want to work even harder to get those songs down. I just love that double drop d tuning.

Dave

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic