Brain Damage - Craig (the song, not me!)

willem

Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:49 am

Hey Craig there you are...congrat with your first vid,,,,and you got a lot of good advises and tips to go further on this song an in time you can do a update,, by my self i did not look at the lesson so can't tell you something,,, but above supports are very good....one i notised was the ''PINCH'''bas and high string at the same time....goodluck...cheeessee

ps when you post a song,,the song arrives 10 hours later in the Netherlands...lol

suziko

Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:22 am

Nice job, Craig, and congrats on your first video!

This is a great song for getting comfortable with Travis picking. I play it regularly just to keep my fingers fresh with the pattern.

Any comments I would have given you (re. timing) have already been said. I'm glad you posted and sorry I somehow missed it when you first posted it!

Suzi

izzyhara

Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:56 am

Ditto what others said

Posting videos can be addicting. Side benefit of that addiction? You practice more because you want to put up something good for your buds.

Slow it down - My constant advice to myself. I have learned here from Neil that if I play something really slow and deliberate, my fingers learn their patterns, and once that muscle memory sets it, I can start speeding it up without losing any notes or rhythm.

I own classical guitars, and I think many songs can be played on one. So no worries there.

Thanks for putting yourself up there. We love it !!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic