Tribute to Lonnie Johnson

tovo

Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:47 pm

The only possible improvement I can think of is that it would have been better with an audience. A big one.

I really hope Neil takes a look at this Mark because I would really like to hear about any improvements he could suggest. Wrench mentioned it was pro material, and I agree wholeheartedly from my perspective. The tempo seemed right on.

Your videos are always quality. Thanks for sharing.

Yamaha48

Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:18 pm

Hello Mark.
Nice piece of guitar playing,i love it.
Thanks fore the sharing Mark.

greet Anton

willem

Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:27 pm

mark wrote:
willem wrote:
DoN't know what ''assination'' means but fond it a big nice solo,,, is it only instrumentel or are there lyrics also,, i give it a look on YT,,
Hi willem it should be assassination.
It means when some somebody kills somebody. Like John Lennon or JF Kennedy.

It seems Stefan Grossman and John Fahey had a bit of a love hate relationship. John Fahey repaid the compliment with a song called the assassination of Stefan Grossman.

There are no lyrics,it's just instrumental.
Don'take a shot at me for that,,only with the cam,, and now i understand the bleus

d_dog

Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:46 pm

You gotta love the blues! The music that is, not actually having the blues. Mark that was way cool. I could hear the minor pentatonic and major scales in there (I think) I just couldn't pick out what key specifically. What scale patterns is that based on and what key? If I had to guess I'd say B minor pentatonic and B major.

mort2989

Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:57 pm

Yes I liked that piece of music

who did play it? Grossmann I´m gonna lok that up!!

good !

Morten :)

waggis

Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:10 pm

EXCELLENT job with that Fahey tune! I really enjoyed listening to it as I am also a big fan of his.

David

MarkM

Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:17 pm

The Blues is nothin' but a good man feeln' down.................

Awesome!!! Mark your performance just took me to another place. Man that was good. THAT is what guitar playing is all about for me. WOW!!! Incredible!! Thanks for sharing.

MarkM

AndyT

Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:41 pm

To paraphrase Dennis...

Excellent!

michelew

Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:55 pm

I just don't have the right superlatives to describe how wonderful that was - so just pretend I've written them all here.... with shouting and exclamation marks (points).

My only questions are- Why aren't you professional yet? and Why hasn't someone tried to sign you up - or have they?

One day I'd like to be like you - without the hairy face and... well you know.. OK - let me rephrase that - one day I'd really like to be able to play like you.

Thanks

I really LOVE your work.

Michele

RicksPick

Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:40 pm

Ok
Each day I get blown away with these video's

Now I'm blown into next week

RicksPick

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic