Morten play never goining back again

d_dog

Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:59 pm

Wow Mort, I just watched again, had to say great job again.

Dennis, thanks for posting that video clip. I noticed Mort is capo'd at the 6th fret. And Lindsay is capo'd at the 3rd fret. Is Lindsay playing the same chord progression that is in Neil's lesson and the same tuning? Open C. Just curious. I doesn't seem that it would work exactly the same simply by capo'ing at the 3rd.

mark

Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:04 am

Hi Morten,

Great playing. It's a difficult song and you have it nailed.
I think you are playing it fast enough already.
I don't think there is any secret to being able to play it faster. By playing over a longer period of time you will become more familiar with it and the speed will probably increase a bit naturally.

mark

Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:07 am

d_dog wrote:

Dennis, thanks for posting that video clip. I noticed Mort is capo'd at the 6th fret. And Lindsay is capo'd at the 3rd fret. Is Lindsay playing the same chord progression that is in Neil's lesson and the same tuning? Open C. Just curious. I doesn't seem that it would work exactly the same simply by capo'ing at the 3rd.
Yes looks like he's playing the chord progression.
I don't know for sure but I would guess that Stevie Nicks voice (or Lindsey buckinghams) has become deeper over the years and that's why the capo has moved back to the 3rd fret

neverfoundthetime

Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:17 am

Damed! I couldn´t hide it......
:laugh: Glad to see you have the required sense of humour Morton. Well done on this great song again!

Chasplaya

Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:25 am

Sheeeeee-it man i'm going to leave the advice to Neil on this I can't nor am in the place to say anything just sounded real good to me mate. I can't add a thing

willem

Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:59 am

Mort,, you want some advise?? well your ''bungle'' with your fingers..... but very good,,,,you did great...

dennisg

Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:07 am

mark wrote:
d_dog wrote:

Yes looks like he's playing the chord progression.
I don't know for sure but I would guess that Stevie Nicks voice (or Lindsey buckinghams) has become deeper over the years and that's why the capo has moved back to the 3rd fret
Exactly right, Mark. Lindsey used to play it on the 6th fret, then changed to the 3rd when he went through an apparent late puberty.

powderfinger

Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:45 pm

Great job. Really. I've been working on that song for two months every day and I can't play it that fast. I'm determined to get it down. If I could play it like you I'd say I had it. Maybe you should be the one giving out tips on how to increase your speed. It's a tough one. Congratulations!
Powderfinger

jayswett

Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:48 pm

Powderfinger,
Can't wait to see your version!

johnrfeeney

Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:19 pm

very very good, great work

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic