Girl - The Beatles - D_Dog

d_dog

Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:03 pm

Howdy again,

My version of Girl by the Beatles. Capo'd at the 8th fret. I can send the chords if you PM me. I've only recently started to work on this one again and try and clean it up. It was a real bugger to get these chords squeezed into the frets up there. Any help?
I really got to get my regular video camera set up and a mic, these recent ones are just from my iPhone. Appologies, I'll step up the production values soon. ;)

tovo

Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:09 pm

No help Dog, just Kudos for another great post. I like this the most from the 3 you have put up. I had to laugh, your brain was obviously thinking..."hey, got through that without a flub...and you flubbed (just a little one) but it certainly didn't detract from the whole performance. Really nice voice on that one. Great post. Pretty good quality too from a phone. Those Apple guys rock! ;)

jayswett

Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:19 pm

Your singing is very good, and the guitar playing solid. You've obviously been playing for a while. Nice job on this. I never heard this song before.

cosmicmechanic

Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:24 pm

Nice, nice, very very nice. I'd be interested if you are willing to post or PM the chords. Keep it going!

dennisg

Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:27 pm

As always, Damian, I enjoyed your post. I'm pretty familiar with the song, and I think there's some wrong chords in there. Not your fault. Those were the chords that were handed to you. But I'll have to check and get back to you on this.

One suggestion I can make, and it has nothing to do with your guitar playing, is this: the phrasing of your singing is always right on the downbeat. You can make the song a lot more interesting by working between the beats, which is what John does.

But I love your post. Keep up the great work.

michelew

Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:41 pm

Dog - I really enjoyed that! You play really smoothly and your singing voice is really lovely - I'm jealous!

Keep them coming - good stuff.

No advice - newbee here.

Thanks

Michele

Lavallee

Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:03 pm

Dog, you sure have the voice to do live performance. Your bar chords sound good too,

Marc

Craig

Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:55 pm

Dog,
Thanks for the post. Any Beatle post is great in my book. I'm not experienced enough to offer any suggestions, but I really like the fact that when you stumbled a little, you kept going...which is something that I can learn from. I learn a lot from your posts so please keep them coming!
Craig

haoli25

Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:05 pm

Keep 'em coming D_Dog! A pleasure to watch and listen to. Thank you for posting your video.

Bill Image

MarkM

Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:13 pm

She's cool, cool cool. Oh...................

Dog,

Nicely done!!!!! Enjoyed that one alot. To me that is one of John's best songs with The Beatles. Great stuff there. You're real close. As always great voice. Thanks for posting.

MarkM

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic