Work in Progress Heatndude - Blackbird

heatndude

Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:35 pm

Hello everyone, my first video experience and finger picking song. You all have inspired me to start posting video so here it is. This is only a practice session on this song. I would love some feedback from all of you on my playing and video / sound quality. Please be nice its my first time ! I will follow up in a few days to show my progress on the song, been playing it for about three days now. Thank you

Mark

TGMatt

Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:57 pm

edited it to show name of song in title for you mate..

Nice job..

I can play this one a little slower than you, but nice.
I would suggest you slooooow itttttttttttt doooooowwwwwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnnnnn

Thats all I got , everything else nice...what is the Guitar...???

tovo

Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:13 pm

Hi Mark. First well done for posting. That initial one is the hardest, but you can rest assured that everyone here is keen to help you, not flame you.

That said, from my perspective it would have been nice to be able to see your picking hand, try to set up your shot so that we can see both hands. It seemed to me that you needed to be a little more aggressive with your picking hand to really get the notes ringing out. Slowing down will help (I have that issue myself) The slight hesitations on some of the changes are only matter of more practice.

OK that's my observation, I'll be keen to hear what others think. Again, good job it's coming along really well.

Lavallee

Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:15 pm

Hi Mark, it sounds very good. Your fingerpicking is right on and you are changing chords without problems. I would suggest to emphasize the bass notes. I think for this song the bass shoud be sligthly predominant over the melody. You did very well, just a bit more practice.

Marc

AndyT

Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:34 pm

Good first post.
Your finger picking is so quiet that I had a hard time hearing it. You need to get a bit louder on that.
Also, slow down a bit because you're hesitating on your changes. Go as slow as your slowest change and play it at that speed till you get it better.

MarkM

Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:34 pm

Mark,

Welcome and thanks for sharing. I agree with Tony that you should widen the shot a bit so we can see what your left hand is doing. That would certainly help me as I watch. The picture quality was very good otherwise. Looks like you have the chord changes down real well. I think Marc said a little more attack on the bass strings would help. I agree. Great job!! Certainly a song I wish I could play. Can't wait to see your update.

MarkM

prawnpig

Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:00 am

Nice job nothing I can add to the previous comments look forward to seeing more
Dave

willem

Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:37 am

you got 'm.....with good advices to...

Yamaha48

Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:28 am

Welcome Mark by the video club.

You do a good job Mark,but i agree with Tony s words.
Thanks fore sharing.

greet Anton

neverfoundthetime

Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:06 am

Hey Mark, well done and welcome to the video posters club. This is where you belong! Great job on your first video. I agree with the comments already made about showing both hands and turning up the volume so we can enjoy it more. I thought your picking was really good.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic