Snipe From the Beginning

snipe

Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:05 pm

Just wanted to post this for review. Maybe someone will get something out of it? Im a little stiff but hey, its my first time. I especially want to know if you can hear it?? Ive been working on it for awhile and theres a few bugs I still am working on. I appreciate any and all feedback. Cheers
Live long and prosper!
snipe

tovo

Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:14 pm

tovo

Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:20 pm

Snipe the sound is fine mate. The playing was pretty good as well in my humble opinion. Not a song I'm familiar with (I await the howls of disbelief and "where have you been all your life?" comments) but from my perspective it was very nice. There's a few techniques in there for sure and it was pretty smooth. I enjoyed it. Well done on posting. Perhaps Matt can fix the title of your thread for you? A little hiccup there but no biggie.

Moondog

Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:47 pm

Great Job...

Mike

neverfoundthetime

Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:58 pm

Nice going Snipe, you played that well! Well done on joining the video poster's club. Great first vid.

BigBear

Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:09 pm

Tony- Where have you been all your life? Living in New Zealand? rofl!! Everybody knows that song! Geez, Louise!! (Louise was a friend of Sheila's!).

Snipe- nice job buddy! But you need to sing it too! I can play this song fine but I can't get the timing of the vocals. It's very frustrating!

You definately have the song down. Like you said it could be smoother but that will come with practice.

Good job and good video! Thanks for sharing! :cheer:

BobR

Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:26 pm

Snipe,

My video seemed a bit jerky, but from what I saw I thought you did a real good job. Great ELP song.

Thanks for posting

Bob

AndyT

Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:27 pm

Snipe,
Do you have auto-leveling on your video camera? If you do, make sure its off. The sound was going in and out a bit. Auto-leveling will make it do that.

You have the song but you have some pauses in there that don't feel right. More practice will cure that.

Technique wise, you have it. Just keep working it. Good job, good first post.

Also, put the URL (address) of the video in the text of your message, not the title. The title should be something like; Snipe - In The Beginning - Version 1

The version number is so if you post a followup video later.

wammer

Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:18 pm

Nice Job .....Like Andy said the sound was going in and out but what I did hear was great.....thnaks for posting, welcome to the club of posters

Chasplaya

Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:54 pm

Tony where have you been all your life living in backwoods of Oregon!! Crikey!!

Hey snipe I too had problems with the audio fading and coming back, note d a few pauses that didn't sound right but hard to tell with the audio the way it is. Im' no techno guru so can't provide advice.

All in all what I did hear sounded pretty good and noted you had a slight different way of playing to Neils lesson, still good though. Congrats on your maiden vid!!

cheers

Chas

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic