Snipe From the Beginning

d_dog

Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:05 pm

Great post Snipe! I love that song. I'll agree with the other comments about the sound. I know not everybody has high end equip. But perhaps with some better camera placement it'll come out better. I couldn't tell if it was just the video recording or if you were missing some of the bass notes, it's probably cause of the camera not picking up those notes very well. Great job though, this on is on my list, the list is getting long. Take care

haoli25

Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:18 pm

Hellp Snipe. I liked your video. When you have a chance, check out Neil's lesson in TARGET of "From The Beginning". His is a little different than yours and I think you will like Neil's version better. Thank you for posting your video.

Bill Image

johnrfeeney

Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:26 pm

always love hearing you guys play - good job

MarkM

Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:59 pm

Snipe,

Welcome and thanks for sharing. I don't have much to add that the other already did. Lot's of picking in that one. Good job. I just started to fiddle around with this song last week. Much more difficult than I thought. A few more practice runs and you'll have it down pat. Bye the way, nice guitar!!!

MarkM

suziko

Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:27 am

Tony- I'm glad I'm in good company; I don't know this song either.

Nice job, Snipe! Looks like a tough song to play, way out of my league for a long time. Thanks for posting! Suzi

willem

Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:37 am

Way to go,,,, and good advices to,,

snipe

Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:26 am

Thanks for all of the feedback. Sorry about the url thing. I think I fixed it. I had a feeling the sound wasnt going to come out too good. Anyway, its a work in progress, so thanks again to all of you. Greatly appreciated!

Snipe

wrench

Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:48 am

Snipe,

A challenging first post, and welcome to the posters' club. That song is rated 7 in TARGET, and the correct picking pattern is no cakewalk. Such is the nature of Greg Lake's music. As this is still a work in progress, I can confidently recommend that continuing to work it in compliance to the TARGET lesson will sharpen your skills, especially in picking, as you have the fingering down pretty well. I'll be looking forward to your follow up.

Congratulations, and thanks for posting.

wrench

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic