TG Take 1 Test and Hey Joe Intro etc

jayswett

Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:33 am

Loved the intro and base run. I agree that it makes the song stand out and gives it a unique Hendrix quality to it. It was a pleaure watching this, and I agree with Tovo and others that perhaps a short commentary before playing isn't a bad idea. I'm oddly uncomfortable speaking into a camera, but have come to enjoy playing into one. Another conquerable obstacle to overcome.

Music Junkie

Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:34 am

Chas:

I really liked the way you played that! A/V was great. The 12-string sounded very cool as well.

Good On Ya Mate!

MJ

Chasplaya

Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:17 pm

HI JIm , Willem , Jay and MJ, Thanks for the feedback, despite nerves I did enjoy doing this. Quite a bit of work to do yet, but the Bass run and other embellishments make this song, plus the work around barres up the neck when I get them sound good. So considering this wasn't even on my to do list I was happy.

The TAb is a combination of one I found and a transcription of a You Tube guy , Rciky Shades who plays this on the 12 also, a bit of tyding up and its pretty good to go.

Chas

BobR

Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:38 pm

Hi Chas,

I liked the Jimi influence. I also thought the intro commentary was a good thing, telling us what you're about to do. Very Well done all around. BTW the audio, video was great from my end.

Thanks for posting

Bob

suziko

Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:38 pm

Chas, That was so fun to watch!! I loved your intro, and just how you talked through the song. Boy, I wish I could dig out a Takamine 12 whenever I wanted :)

I hope some day I'm half as competent with my guitar as you are with yours

Suzi

Chasplaya

Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:02 pm

Hi Bob thanks for the comment, in my opinion Jimi owned this song and it really needs the embellishments, slides hammer ons etc. The talky intro has been popular with the guys so I might just keep that for future vids

Thanks again

Cheers

Chas

Chasplaya

Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:07 pm

HI Suzi, It was fun to do , well thats the feeling afterward a wee bit nerve wracking. The TAk 12 is a great guitar, I got it for a song, about $500NZ and its probably worth closer to $3000NZ. I don't play it enough really, its not so easy with barres up the neck. Hey and don't sell yourself short young lady, you play a pretty mean guitar, I haven't heard anything from you to date that wasn't good. My old hands get a bit stiff at times so the fluency is not there anymore, so I am now trying workarounds for some of the things I could accomplish in my younger days lol.

Thanks for the comment look forward to your next vid :)

regards

Chas

PS my next one won't be so long in hitting the Net lol

dennisg

Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:53 pm

Here's what I loved about your video, Chas: 1) I love the fact that it's your first video, and it was worth the wait; 2) I love the sound of your 12-string Tak; 3) I love the combination of Scottish and Kiwi accents -- you just don't hear that very often; and 4) I love your bird that keeps trying to hog the spotlight.

RicksPick

Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:00 pm

Hey chas

Came in from work and wow :ohmy:
My eyes are now wide
That bar keeps being raised
Lots more to learn :S
Hell of an intro
Pm on the way
RicksPick

RicksPick

Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:02 pm