TG Take 1 Test and Hey Joe Intro etc

heatndude

Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:01 pm

Hey Chas, that was great ! Love the format that is a great idea ! Everything sounds and looks fine, even the guy that needs a haircut. haha ! The first is the hardest to do I went thru it a short time ago. Looking forward to the follow up. Really looking forward to Bears video I think he is the last hold out from the original memebers. Hop he hears this !!!!! Again great job !!!!!!!!!!

Mark

Craig

Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:30 pm

Great Job Chas,
I really liked the introduction and respect the confession for your motivation. I also liked hearing from you, it's nice to put a voice and personality to the text that we read. Now that the nerves of the first video posting are out of the way, I look forward to hearing many more from you.
Thanks,
Craig

reiver

Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:27 pm

Hi Chas

Nice going - good to see you getting a video up. Couldn't quite hear the singing tho' ........

Did like the intro - I've thought about it myself before but decided that I'd get a bit fed up doing the intro to the 17th take!

Congrats on getting the first one posted - and very enjoyable too. Looking forward to seeing some more (didn't i read somewhere that you had an Alhambra?)

r

Also ......... couldn't hear the 'Scottish' accent. Maybe if you swear I'd recognise it :)

suziko

Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:41 pm

4) I love your bird that keeps trying to hog the spotlight.

Is that what that was? I kept wondering what was making that rhythmic squeaky noise. Then I just attributed it to Chas's old bones.....

Ba-doom tchhhhhhhhh.......

;)

Chasplaya

Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:39 pm

dennisg wrote:
Here's what I loved about your video, Chas: 1) I love the fact that it's your first video, and it was worth the wait; 2) I love the sound of your 12-string Tak; 3) I love the combination of Scottish and Kiwi accents -- you just don't hear that very often; and 4) I love your bird that keeps trying to hog the spotlight.
Thanks Dennis,

1) The wait was too long, so my recommend to anyone is don't put off it just gets harder the more pressure you place on yourself.

2)The Tak is nice and was a steal! I need to use it more often, the sharp eyed members didn't notice but it was actually strung incorrectly (mind you with the resolution it might be hard to see) I'd wound the ebg strings the wron way round the tuners , last time i restrung I was enjoying a nice Pinot Noir lol Not good idea lol

3)Come to NZ and you'll actually hear a lot of combined Scot and Kiwi, especially in the South Island

4) I can put up with the bird, its the dog that pukes in my guitar room and eats the cables I have issues with lol

Chasplaya

Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:40 pm

RicksPick wrote:
Oh and congrats for getting a video up
Been waiting and waiting and waiting lol

Bear!!! :P

RicksPick
Well it was you and Anton that inspired me to do this. It was enjoyable after i'd finished lol.

Thanks Rick

Chasplaya

Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:42 pm

heatndude wrote:
Hey Chas, that was great ! Love the format that is a great idea ! Everything sounds and looks fine, even the guy that needs a haircut. haha ! The first is the hardest to do I went thru it a short time ago. Looking forward to the follow up. Really looking forward to Bears video I think he is the last hold out from the original memebers. Hop he hears this !!!!! Again great job !!!!!!!!!!

Mark
Thanks Mark it was actually fun to do it, can't understand why it took me so long really. I'll have a haircut by next vid lol!

Cheers

Chas

Chasplaya

Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:44 pm

Craig wrote:
Great Job Chas,
I really liked the introduction and respect the confession for your motivation. I also liked hearing from you, it's nice to put a voice and personality to the text that we read. Now that the nerves of the first video posting are out of the way, I look forward to hearing many more from you.
Thanks,
Craig
Thanks Craig, Bit of a spur of the moment idea to do that, I'm not too uncomfortable talking on Camera , i'd done amateur theatre for years. The intent is to do more, I didn't have this on my to do list so the follow up might wait as i return to my list

cheers

Chas

Chasplaya

Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:49 pm

reiver wrote:
Hi Chas

Nice going - good to see you getting a video up. Couldn't quite hear the singing tho' ........

Did like the intro - I've thought about it myself before but decided that I'd get a bit fed up doing the intro to the 17th take!

Congrats on getting the first one posted - and very enjoyable too. Looking forward to seeing some more (didn't i read somewhere that you had an Alhambra?)

r

Also ......... couldn't hear the 'Scottish' accent. Maybe if you swear I'd recognise it :)
The singing will hae to wait and you will be glad for that lol. This was taken in one. I'd practiced others and spoken and then made flubs so decided this time whatever will be will be, hence lots of flubs, but thats natural when learning a new song. So I left it.

I do have an Alhambra also, its not electric and the CAM mic doesn't pick it up too well, no external mic on CAM either so I've a workaround to do for that.

I'm sure if we ever got chatting the brogue would soon return as it does when I talk to my Sisters or Brother on the phone (they still in Scotland), I almost swore on the vid right at the start when I messed up on the first measure lol!

Thanks Stuart isn't it?

Chas

Chasplaya

Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:51 pm

suziko wrote:
4) I love your bird that keeps trying to hog the spotlight.

Is that what that was? I kept wondering what was making that rhythmic squeaky noise. Then I just attributed it to Chas's old bones.....

Ba-doom tchhhhhhhhh.......

;)
No I'd lubricated them first, dutch courage lol! , definitely Koko the Cockatiel

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic