TG Take 1 Test and Hey Joe Intro etc

Lavallee

Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:01 pm

Hey Chas thanks for posting your first video. As the others have mentioned the sound and ligthing are good (even if the wall should be blue, you do not look saturated with ligth). The 12 strings sounds so good. Really like your intro but mainly the fact that you decided to tackle a song you were not familiar with and included us in your process.

Great job mate

Marc

goldleaf

Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:10 pm

Chas, yea, you did it. Good on ya mate. Your video looked good and the playing was an excellent start. First one seems to always be the hardest so it should be easier here one in. Like to hear that song on that Epi on the background. Gary

cosmicmechanic

Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:25 pm

Gotta admit this man has guts and the competence to back it up.

Much appreciated the intro, I haven't tried the tune myself so I
won't spout any tech comments, or I will also be obliged to post
as you have.

Entertaining, well executed and worth watching multiple times.
Let's have more ...

My only suggestion is: you could have shown us your dog and explained his name !

Pierre

TGMatt

Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:46 pm

Way cool Chas....

Congrats my man....Neil and I watched it together..Great stuff

I see the last time you were locked up in NYC the cop was gracious enought to give you a hat on your way out on bail..

Awesome Job my friend..

Cheers

Matt

Chasplaya

Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:55 pm

goldleaf wrote:
Chas, yea, you did it. Good on ya mate. Your video looked good and the playing was an excellent start. First one seems to always be the hardest so it should be easier here one in. Like to hear that song on that Epi on the background. Gary
Thanks Gary, Surprisingly harder than I would have thought. But hey its in the bag move on to next project, this was never actually on my to do list, but I shall get back to it and try for a cleaner version. The Epi doesn't get used as much as it used to, the hands getting stiff these days and the narrow neck is a problem. It is good for picking out BB King stuff though.

Cheers

Chas

Chasplaya

Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:04 pm

cosmicmechanic wrote:

My only suggestion is: you could have shown us your dog and explained his name !

Pierre
Thanks Pierre, I have three dogs, but I guess the one you mean is the one i've put a pic up on my profile page, Milo is a King Charles Cavalier aka the Rat cos he ate my guitar leads, effects board leads and power cable and recently my new lights I got for lighting up my recording area!

AndyT

Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:09 pm

Well, what can I say about this video that hasn't already been said? My mother always said, "If you can't say something nice, then shutup." LOL

The vid quality was more than passable along with the sound. No problems on either of those. Write down your settings so you don't have to experiment so much in the future...

The song was a work in progress. Good on that.

Really nice job, especially for your first.

The real issue here is; Why did you fire the wardrobe guy? I mean, he had you in this nice Tux and you went and got rid of him. How fair is that?

Chasplaya

Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:10 pm

TGMatt wrote:

I see the last time you were locked up in NYC the cop was gracious enought to give you a hat on your way out on bail..

Matt
Thanks Matt, Lol first to mention the hat, I need a haircut and the hair looks bad, hence the hat lol Me vain never! They never said I wasn't allowed to leave the country though, I guess I can't go back now lol.

NO pressure but your turn now to upload your debut! For those that have gone before and uploaded I now appreciate their efforts a bit more. Well I need to get back on track and finish the actual TARGET song I was working on which was meant to be my debut.

Thanks to you Matt that this is at all possible and Neil may have cringed watching my effort but I can assure him I am actually learning stuff from him ... just didn't apply much in this one lol.

Cheers

Chas

Chasplaya

Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:17 pm

AndyT wrote:
Well, what can I say about this video that hasn't already been said? My mother always said, "If you can't say something nice, then shutup." LOL

The vid quality was more than passable along with the sound. No problems on either of those. Write down your settings so you don't have to experiment so much in the future...

The song was a work in progress. Good on that.

Really nice job, especially for your first.

The real issue here is; Why did you fire the wardrobe guy? I mean, he had you in this nice Tux and you went and got rid of him. How fair is that?
Thanks Andy, It took me awhile but I got there in the end, not even what I planned to do this was all a wee bit spontaneous. Jill just read your post and suggested I do another vid wearing the Tux and playing the Epi, now that would have to be a Hank Marvin number if anything!

Cheers

Chas

AndyT

Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:22 pm

Out of the original Few Muppeteers, there is only one or two left to post a vid. Can we all say BEAR.... Did Bill put one up yet? I'm a bit foggy right now.

When you do one with the Tux, it will not be complete unless you have a fish in your pocket.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic