TG Take 1 Test and Hey Joe Intro etc

Chasplaya

Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:29 pm

Well here it is the long awaited vid from me, not what I originally intended but circumstances led me to change my mind. This is real raw and virtually me learning a song from the beginning, a few run throughs before switching the CAm on then its into it flubs warts and all, forgot all about hand position .... etc etc etc...

I changed my mind due to giving advice on a song I didn't even play myself so feeling guilty thought i'd better try and rectify that. So this is a real work in progress from the beginning.

MarkM

Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:39 pm

Chas,

Very nice debut!!! I really liked the "Jimmy" version of this. I would love to get the TAB when you are complete. The guitar sounded great!!! The video quality was suburb as well. I saw that Epi in the back there. I'd be really interested to hear you play this song on that. Looks like you got all the notes down and now you are on your way to putting it all together. Can't wait to see the final product. Thanks for sharing and it was a pleasure to see one of your videos. Here's to many more......... :) :)

MarkM

wrench

Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:43 pm

Welcome to the club, mate! Sound - check. Video - a little washed but clear and good motion, not choppy or anything. Costume - was expecting the tux.

Now keep 'em coming. Pizza points!

Dan

neverfoundthetime

Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:49 pm

There you go Chas! Didn't hurt much now did it? Great show you put on for us. Man that is hard to do on a 12 string. Great job. Proud to have our top member aboard the video poster's club. Video is good quality and sound perfect. White walls in back ground are not the best but I have to put up with them too. All we needed was the tux. I thought you played the really well. Glad I stayed up for it. Good on ya mate! Pizza all round.

PS: Awesome accent!

tovo

Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:56 pm

Chas. Loved the way you approached that mate. I've often thought it would be so much of an improvement if folks gave a short introduction and described what they are trying to get from that particular tune, the challenging bits, etc. I reckon your video quality and set up is great, no worries there at all. Love the sound of the Takamine 12 string, they make some nice guitars those guys. Loved the quality of the bass. Mate you have years of experience on me so I'm not even gonna try and give any tips, don't have any actually. Like you said, it's still a work in progress but it sounded fine to me. Once you have it down cold it will be awesome.

Gotta comment on the accent. At first you sounded like a native Kiwi, then the Scottish brogue gradually kicked in. A unique hybrid!

Good on ya mate for putting this up and like you said, "putting your money where your mouth is." Great stuff.

Chasplaya

Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:00 pm

Thanks Mark, Dan and Chris.

Everyone says the first time is hardest, this took me ages to figure out, but once I started the mind went blank couldn't read my own tab lol! Trouble is I wear glasses for reading only, should have had them on.

As for quality, i went with the default on the CAM but I can change that next time, the white wall is actually light blue believe it or not... I am restricted to where I record if I need the PC. I might try this on the Epi once i've got it down. I have the tab so if anyone wants this PM me with your email and i'll send it its in PDF and Gpro. I've even worked in the Hendrix chord so thats different (dunno about playing it though lol)

Chasplaya

Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:03 pm

Thanks Tony, This wasn't even on my to do list till yesterday, but guilt about commenting on Antons and Rickspick version led me into this, just hope this doesn't become my nemesis (aka Norwegian Wood) lol. The Bass is normally brighter than that I was muting it at the bridge for parts of it. Especially that little 12 bar I did at the start, but thats another tune one day!

Thanks again Tony

haoli25

Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:13 pm

I liked it Chas. I have always preferred the Hendrix version too. I liked the commentary as well. Thanks for posting your video.

Bill Image

Chasplaya

Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:17 pm

Thanks BIll, Appreciate the clapping hands. Tony mentioned the commentary also, I think I might do that with most vids makes sense, in a way better than just writing it on the forum makes it more personal.

Cheers

Chas

I can dance now its done!!

wammer

Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:23 pm

soooooooooo whats done is done. You seemed relaxed when you were talking . Funny how as soon as you hit the first strum everything goes blank. Been there done that. Welcome to the club. Love the accent.

GOOD ON YA MATE

Tammy

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic